Hello GD owners - very thankful for this site and for your contributions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello GD owners - very thankful for this site and for your contributions

What did we do before the internet and forums like this? Incredible knowledge at our fingertips learning to operate and maintain these complex rigs, saving money and building relationships in the process.

Recently purchased this 2019 Grand Design Solitude 377MBS 5th wheel, and would like to gather opinions, experience and advice from all of you, as well as contribute with words and pictures from my experiences with this rig. Started with travel trailers, then slide-in truck campers, back to a trailer, and now a large fiver.

Click image for larger version

Name:	door side 2.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	129164

Name:	living room.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	129166

Name:	front qtr view.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	129165

This 2001 F350 with the 7.3L diesel has been a satisfying hobby as well, with great forum support over on FTE, where we help folks troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade these rigs, much like I see you do with GD RVs here. The truck has been modified beyond its original specs to safely haul this load reliably.

Looking forward to collaborating with all of you.
    Jeff & Janice
    2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch​

Welcome, glad to have you here.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by BWSTGDS View Post
      What did we do before the internet and forums like this? Incredible knowledge at our fingertips learning to operate and maintain these complex rigs, saving money and building relationships in the process.

First beautiful rig and welcome to the family.

In times past there were the campground fires where everybody there would drop by and say hello. Kids would meat and make plans, and the adults would discuss camping and thier rigs. Now with all the fire bans, new camping rules, and changing attitudes its getting harder to socialize in the camp grounds. I have gotten a lot of strange looks when just walking by and saying hello

PS - an before Scott jumps in , Yep I am strange looking

Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
      X