New Member Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Introduction

Hi Gary here. Been rving for years, but new to Grand Design. Just bought an Imagine 2970RL. Live in Michigan so we haven't had a chance to go camping with it yet. Really looking forward to getting out with it soon.

I'm trying to level the trailer and if I put the level inside on the trailer floor it says it's level but when I put the level on the frame it says it's not level. Which is right?
    Gary Cleaveland

Welcome.
    I'd go with the floor. That's where you will live.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Welcome, I will agree to go with the floor.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by GCleaveland View Post
        Hi Gary here. Been rving for years, but new to Grand Design. Just bought an Imagine 2970RL. Live in Michigan so we haven't had a chance to go camping with it yet. Really looking forward to getting out with it soon.

I'm trying to level the trailer and if I put the level inside on the trailer floor it says it's level but when I put the level on the frame it says it's not level. Which is right?
        Welcome to the forum, Gary. In my RV "level" is whatever my better half determines what's "level". She's super-sensitive to even the slightest degree off level. So in answer to your question, check with your partner and I'll bet they'll have an opinion!

May be a bit more than you asked, but a device I find very useful when leveling my trailer is a device called the LevelMatePro (lots of links online if you search that term). Once installed and the parameters entered in the app on your phone, it makes it super easy to level the trailer at each campsite. We use leveling ramp blocks (like the ones shown below). Except for a very few instances where the ground was exceptionally soft, this combination (LevelMatePro and the blocks) has worked great. They are (obviously) for side-to-side leveling. Front to rear is done with the nose jack.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-19 173826.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.8 KB ID:	132363

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think I'll go with the floor
          Gary Cleaveland

Comment

Working...
          X