Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Hello

Hi Fellow Members,

New to the forum here. Looking forward to great discussion to keep our trailers in top shape.

I didn’t see anywhere to post our model or year, did I miss it? Also is there a signature option? I’m sure I’m missed these, but will post if I’m pointed in right direction. Let’s get this forum started!

Steve

edit: okay, screwed up my first post. Now I see the signature instructions. Also, I may have posted this in the incorrect category. Maybe it can be moved...
    Last edited by Steve7; 05-30-2019, 10:23 AM.
    Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
    2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Welcome Steve! I see that you found the signature section. And I moved your post into the correct section. Man - I'm sure glad you decided to join. As you can see, this forum is focused on Operation, Maintenance, repair and modifications. It's not like FB or other forums that focus on broad categories such as cooking, pets, campgrounds, etc. It's a way for Grand Design to have a central repository where issues can be surfaced and solutions sought without them having to dig through 90+ Facebook and forum pages.

After you have a chance to review the site, Rob, Howard, Brian and I would sure like to hear your feedback. You can either respond here with any changes you'd like to see, or send any one of us (or all of us) a Private Message.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Steve

Welcome aboard. Really glad to have you join us.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hi Steve,

Welcome! We are definitely going to have some growing pains as we sort our way through this brand new forum! Please let us know what works and what doesn't. We will learn this thing together.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

TucsonJim, or any other moderator,

Three questions,

I find that that if I leave the site for more than ten minutes or so when I’m logged in, and then open it back up on my screen (left it open), I will be logged out. I’ve seen other forums do the same thing, but others let you keep logged in all day long if you want. I prefer not to have to keep logging back in unless I log out. Do you know which way it is supposed to be at this site?

Can we have a section for questions/suggestions such as these. I bet there will be a bunch for a while as things get settled.

Lastly, it doesn’t come natural here to see what’s new and where you left off on a particular thread. I really like forums that show you what you’ve commented or subscribed to, and then take you there, where you left off when you click on that topic.

Im sorry, but I have a tough time with change. Don’t know what anyone else thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve7 View Post
            TucsonJim, or any other moderator,

Three questions,

I find that that if I leave the site for more than ten minutes or so when I’m logged in, and then open it back up on my screen (left it open), I will be logged out. I’ve seen other forums do the same thing, but others let you keep logged in all day long if you want. I prefer not to have to keep logging back in unless I log out. Do you know which way it is supposed to be at this site?

Can we have a section for questions/suggestions such as these. I bet there will be a bunch for a while as things get settled.

Lastly, it doesn’t come natural here to see what’s new and where you left off on a particular thread. I really like forums that show you what you’ve commented or subscribed to, and then take you there, where you left off when you click on that topic.

Im sorry, but I have a tough time with change. Don’t know what anyone else thinks.
            Steve - Thanks for the input. We're trying to figure out why some people time out, and others don't.

An appropriate section for asking questions is the "How do I..?" under the new member tab. I'll keep an eye on that one for any questions or suggestions.

We've all been a little confused about particular thread notifications, and where we left off and new posts. We're trying to get it sorted out. Our timeline is to try and have these things ironed out by the time that the Elkhart rally rolls around at the end of August. If you run into any more questions while digging through here, please let us know in the "How do I...?" section.

Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Steve - Thanks for the input. We're trying to figure out why some people time out, and others don't.

An appropriate section for asking questions is the "How do I..?" under the new member tab. I'll keep an eye on that one for any questions or suggestions.

We've all been a little confused about particular thread notifications, and where we left off and new posts. We're trying to get it sorted out. Our timeline is to try and have these things ironed out by the time that the Elkhart rally rolls around at the end of August. If you run into any more questions while digging through here, please let us know in the "How do I...?" section.
              That works. Thanks!

Comment

Steve - good to see you being part of this adventure as well. S/B a great place to learn and share with all the great folks and GDRV support !

Dan
                Dan & Carol
                2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Welcome aboard. You will find lots of great info here. Our moderators and others are very knowledgeable. I know I’ve learned a lot just reading responses. Happy camping!
                  Vince and Peg with Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
                  2018 Imagine 2600 RB
                  2017 Chevy Suburban Premier edition w/max tow package

Comment

Working...
                  X