New Member - BubbaChris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - BubbaChris

Hi! I'm registering and introducing myself even before reading these forums much, because I know I'll be spending some time here.

We just picked up our 2020 Solitude 310GK yesterday, and got our 2019 Ford F350 CCSB last week.

Previous rig:
    2013 Heartland North Trail 22FBS
    2013 Ford Expedition EL

Over 16K towing miles with the last setup and 287 camping nights completed. Not bad for 5.5 seasons.

Home base is St George UT, and we create lots of 3-day weekends each year.

Best regards,
    Chris
    Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 CCSB AUH

Originally posted by BubbaChris View Post
    Hi! I'm registering and introducing myself even before reading these forums much, because I know I'll be spending some time here.

We just picked up our 2020 Solitude 310GK yesterday, and got our 2019 Ford F350 CCSB last week.

Previous rig:
    2013 Heartland North Trail 22FBS
    2013 Ford Expedition EL

Over 16K towing miles with the last setup and 287 camping nights completed. Not bad for 5.5 seasons.

Home base is St George UT, and we create lots of 3-day weekends each year.

Best regards,
    Chris
    Welcome, Chris! Your experience and perspective will be most welcome.

One word of caution--watch out for those sharp turns with your new short bed truck and Solitude. I've read too many threads about new owners shattering their truck's rear window during the learning curve.

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome Chris, glad to have you here, looking forward to your input.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Welcome, Chris! Your experience and perspective will be most welcome.

One word of caution--watch out for those sharp turns with your new short bed truck and Solitude. I've read too many threads about new owners shattering their truck's rear window during the learning curve.

-Howard
        Thank you Howard for sharing your concerns. That is my #1 concern as well, and I'm hoping to address it in stages. Right now my Andersen kingpin adapter is aft of the pin until I can take a look at the risks to my bed rails. If I feel the risk is low enough, I'll swap it to being forward of the pin. If I can't do that and still want a little more space I'll get the B&W offset ball that will move the ball 4" aft.

Also I'm a firm believer in GOAL. We've had some campsites with our TT where I'd get out of the truck a half-dozen times to verify where I'm at compared to my intent and the obstacles. As soon as practical we're going to an empty parking lot and I'll slowly see what my angles look like.

Best regards,
        Chris
        Best regards,
        Chris
        2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
        2019 Ford F350 CCSB AUH

Comment

Hi Chris - Congratulations on the new rig. Welcome to the forum.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Welcome! Looks like you have got some exciting equipment. You have a solid pick up truck that will handle anything towing. Looking forward to reading about you’re towing exploits.
            Tom Boucher
            2012 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Turbo Diesel Crew-cab “Bid Red aka Fat Bottom Girl”
            2014 Grand Design Reflection 323BHS “Big Phat Sally”

Comment

Working...
            X