Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We just purchased a 2021 303RLS, final walk through Tuesday 8-11-20.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We just purchased a 2021 303RLS, final walk through Tuesday 8-11-20.

Hello everyone,

Its nice to have a site that is for GD owners.

We are doing our final walk through on Tuesday 8-11-20. We have owned a Keystone Raptor fifth wheel toy hauler for the last 16 years. So we do have some experience on fifth wheels.

We did a quick walk through before we signed the paperwork, Rear camera was hanging off the back, screws all pulled out and luckily I went I on the roof to look it over, saw several big bubbles on the roof near the front cap. So, we decided we wold not take one and purchased another one on the lot.

I also notice that there was no vent cover under the micro where the stove fan is, is this normal? Sales person didn't know. Went and look at another GD same model, and that one didn't have a cover either.

Any suggestions on what to look for on the final walk through.

Also, we are going to be in need a a rear camera, does anyone have suggestions on what type of camera to put on it. It is prepped, but really don't know how it all works. First time setting something like this up.

Appreciate the help and will keep the site update if we find any issued on the walk through.

Thanks.
    Keith

Originally posted by Redondoraptor View Post
    Hello everyone,

Its nice to have a site that is for GD owners.

We are doing our final walk through on Tuesday 8-11-20. We have owned a Keystone Raptor fifth wheel toy hauler for the last 16 years. So we do have some experience on fifth wheels.

We did a quick walk through before we signed the paperwork, Rear camera was hanging off the back, screws all pulled out and luckily I went I on the roof to look it over, saw several big bubbles on the roof near the front cap. So, we decided we wold not take one and purchased another one on the lot.

I also notice that there was no vent cover under the micro where the stove fan is, is this normal? Sales person didn't know. Went and look at another GD same model, and that one didn't have a cover either.

Any suggestions on what to look for on the final walk through.

Also, we are going to be in need a a rear camera, does anyone have suggestions on what type of camera to put on it. It is prepped, but really don't know how it all works. First time setting something like this up.

Appreciate the help and will keep the site update if we find any issued on the walk through.

Thanks.
    Keith
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum, Keith, and congrats on the 303RLS. Many owners of that model that are regulars here on this forum.

I can't answer your vent question, but for the backup camera if you'll enter "backup camera" in the search box (above,right) the forum's search engine will return a slew of threads on this topic. Here's one that may be of particular interest: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...back-up-camera

Again, welcome!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you Howard. Enjoy your day.
      Keith

Comment

Welcome, and congrats on the new purchase.

I'd suggest you do an internet search on "trailer PDI checklist" and you'' find some great examples of Pre-Delivery Inspection lists you can use for the walk-around on your new rig. Here's an example:

http://www.dasplace.net/PDI/pdi.html

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

As a demo expert an a dealer in Pa. the vent covers are usually located in the pouch with the instruction books. The PDI tech should remove them and install but sometimes forgets.

Comment

Thanks Derald, I thought that was weird and it may of been in the box that was in the rig, but it was zipped tied closed and the salesman didn't have an answer.. There were some more PDI stuff needed to be done, so we have delayed the delivery. Hopefully it will be done today or tomorrow for pick up. Enjoy your day.

Comment

Working...
            X