New to Grand Design in South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Grand Design in South Carolina

Just traded our Jayco 195RB for the 150 Series Reflection 230RL. Transitioning from a Travel Trailer to a fifth wheel towed by a F150. Looking forward to an easier camping experience.
    2020 150 Series Reflection 230RLS
    2021 Sliverado 2500HD LT 6.6L Gas

Welcome to the GDRV technical forum. If you have any questions about maintenance, repairs, modifications, or operation of your new 230RL, let us know.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Congrats. We have had a fun 3 years in our transition from a TT to the fifth wheel. Still learning about backing up but the towing is much nicer.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have read all kinds of articles stating that half ton trucks should not tow 5th wheels. If that is the case, am I a fool to believe my 2020 F150XLT SB SuperCrew can tow the 150 Series 230RL?
        2020 150 Series Reflection 230RLS
        2021 Sliverado 2500HD LT 6.6L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by circusuno View Post
          I have read all kinds of articles stating that half ton trucks should not tow 5th wheels. If that is the case, am I a fool to believe my 2020 F150XLT SB SuperCrew can tow the 150 Series 230RL?
          So there is some useful info here in the Towing section here is a link to that https://gdrvowners.com/towing-and-hi...rence-material.
          Lots of great info that will help you decide which is right for you. Using your F150 should not be an issue if it has the heavy duty payload package and will handle the pin weight. Please take some time and read thru the articles in the link.

There are plenty of discussions on "What can my truck tow? to I can tow anything".

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
          X