Finally took the plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally took the plunge

Hi we are Al and Cyndy from South Carolina. Today we purchased our very first travel trailer. Never thought we would start a new adventure at 58 and 64 but here we go. Our trailer will not arrive until late next month and I am sure we will have a million questions by then. We look forward to meeting you and I will thank you in advance for helping us get this journey started! Merry Christmas everyone.
    2021 Imagine 2670MK

Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Originally posted by ALandCYNDY View Post
    Hi we are Al and Cyndy from South Carolina. Today we purchased our very first travel trailer. Never thought we would start a new adventure at 58 and 64 but here we go. Our trailer will not arrive until late next month and I am sure we will have a million questions by then. We look forward to meeting you and I will thank you in advance for helping us get this journey started! Merry Christmas everyone.
    You're not alone--there are many taking the plunge into the RV lifestyle. This forum exists to answer questions, so don't hesitate to ask.

When you get the chance check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members Hopefully it provides enough info to allow you to get the most from this forum.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome ,please let us all know what model that you have chosen. Plenty of help here and no question is too small.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We purchased a 2021 2670mk
        2021 Imagine 2670MK

Comment

That’s the same unit we are purchasing as soon as we sell our motorhome. Love the opposing slides

Comment

We too liked the opposing slides. We also found the unit to be rather cozy. I have a 2016 F150 and while I am apprehensive about pulling it with a smaller pickup the rv dealer assured me it will be fine.
            2021 Imagine 2670MK

Comment

Welcome ALandCYNDY ti the family and the forum!
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thank you, we look forward to getting to know as many of you as possible.
                2021 Imagine 2670MK

Comment

... the rv dealer assured me it will be fine.
                  May I suggest it is worth some time to learn about this topic yourself? A couple of resources: in the Reference Material section of the Towing & Hitches channel are three short, basic articles on terminology and the main points on towing a travel trailer.

Second, watch Marc from Keep Your Daydream as he walks through the issues.

Then prepare to do some math. We'll help, but there's an understanding of the basics required so we're all speaking the same language.

When (if?) you want to discuss this topic at length with your specific situation, please start a new thread in the aforementioned T&H channel.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                  2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We too liked the opposing slides. We also found the unit to be rather cozy. I have a 2016 F150 and while I am apprehensive about pulling it with a smaller pickup the rv dealer assured me it will be fine.
                    Yes, it does tic a lot of boxes especially with the island and workstation. Great looking "couples" trailer.
                    As for towing yes, your truck will pull it. Driving will be another story. Plenty of info on this site about proper setup and towing.
                    Good luck.
                    Robert and Chris
                    2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
                    2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

The towing thing kept me up most of the night reading everything I could find on the subject. I just got home from purchasing a newer pickup, 2018, with a much larger motor and rated to tow several thousand more pounds. I feel better about things now. I have been towing trailers most of my adult life without incident not sure why the travel trailer spooked me.
                      2021 Imagine 2670MK

Comment

Working...
                      X