No announcement yet.

2021 303rls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cate&Rob Rob, Down in these parts a lot of the Farm to Market and County roads through the fields (even though traveled a lot) are extremely narrow, I think most are in the 9' wide range.

I like those penny grommet mount lights, but I was thinking about something like this for the front mounted to the underside of the floor (shadow is going to be used as part of the plan) https://www.amazon.com/Oracle-Lighti...50462&sr=8-120 or possibly amber.

Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Cate&Rob Ordered lights to ring the perimeter. Also got one light to put under the skirt for road lighting.

Put carpet in Basement. Reused the same piece again (i think, this will be it's 3rd unit to be in the basement on).

Before:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement-Before.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	45256

After:

Name:	Basement-After.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	45258

What I found behind the wall also. thankfully no hidden breaker box, but this unit does not have the WFCO converter in it.

Name:	Converter-More.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	45259
      Attached Files
      Joseph
      Tow
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Would not let me add the other photos, so here is another.

Name:	One-Touch-Control.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	45261
        Joseph
        Tow
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2
          I suspect your Convenience Center panel looks very similar to mine.

It's fascinating (channeling Mr. Spock?) that the Imagine, Momentum, and Reflection lines all use different implementation of the "smart" RV. Not sure about the Solitude (yet).

The Reflection is a decent setup, but I'm going to ding GD until they add light dimming capability into the hardware. I'm sure my criticism keeps them up at night.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Basement control panel. Leveling system is in this one, guess that's why its hidden down there.

Name:	Touch-Panel.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	45274
            Joseph
            Tow
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

howson The inside control panel. Kinda wish they would make that blue main light switch about 1/4 the brightness. Also add a little light to illuminate the panel so panel was legible in the dark.

Realistically the blue light is so bright it makes it light blinds you.

Name:	Control-Panel.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	45276
              Joseph
              Tow
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                howson The inside control panel. Kinda wish they would make that blue main light switch about 1/4 the brightness. Also add a little light to illuminate the panel so panel was legible in the dark.

Realistically the blue light is so bright it makes it light blinds you.
                A light for the inside control panel is an idea forwarded to Grand Design many times over the years. I installed a strip of LEDs and a magnetic switch on mine. You will find many (most) cabinets very dark inside. Over the years, I have added LEDs and magnetic switches to most of the cabinets in our 303.

On the "extra bright" blue switch . . . there are three wires to this switch. Pull off the ground wire and the switch will still function normally, but without the light.

Rob

Name:	DSC02279.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	45282
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I put one of these on the inside cabinet door for the convenience panel eufy by Anker, Lumi Stick-On Night Light, Warm White LED, Motion Sensor, Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen, Hallway, Stairs, Energy Efficient, Compact, 3-pack - - Amazon.com. We have had it up for about 2 years and the batteries are still good. I also moved the wires from the ceiling light switch that is blue to the switch right under that cabinet above the hutch counter , if you have a switch there. This is easier to find in the dark and you do not have to open the door to find the switch.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

A light for the inside control panel is an idea forwarded to Grand Design many times over the years. I installed a strip of LEDs and a magnetic switch on mine. You will find many (most) cabinets very dark inside. Over the years, I have added LEDs and magnetic switches to most of the cabinets in our 303.

On the "extra bright" blue switch . . . there are three wires to this switch. Pull off the ground wire and the switch will still function normally, but without the light.

Rob

Name:	DSC02279.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	45282
                    Cate&Rob what strip did you use? That one does not look that bright compared to some of the other ones I have seen.

As for that blue lighted switch, if it were just a bit dimmer. Like I stated it flash blinds you when you open the door. They say it's for easy identification.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jlawles2

The LED strip is something I picked up at an automotive surplus place, years ago. I can't find anything exactly like it online. It is quite bright, but is very directional, so doesn't shine back in your eyes.
                      As Country Campers Brian mentioned, the earlier Reflection had switches on the underside of the buffet cabinet beside the electrical panel door. One of these switches was for the (very basic) kitchen ceiling vent fan. Many of us switched the wires so the cabinet switch is for the room lights and the panel switch is for the fan (which is used less often).

Re the "too bright" blue switch . . . try a carefully fitted piece of black electrical tape on the switch face to block all but the perimeter blue light.

Rob
                      Cate & Rob
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

There are 2 switches under the cabinet for the island lighting and the hutch lighting. The Max Air fan controller is on the wall by the thermostat.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

There are 2 switches under the cabinet for the island lighting and the hutch lighting. The Max Air fan controller is on the wall by the thermostat.
                          The hutch light is the one I switched. We use the main overhead lights more than the hutch light so it works well for us. We also have a small light under the hutch with its own switch to provide light on the hutch counter.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob, how did you run the wiring for your lights? Did you use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...O2ISQK6X&psc=1 or https://www.amazon.com/DaNaRaa-Stain...s%2C196&sr=8-4 to hold the wiring up? I plan on running the wiring for the lights on the slides through the same loom that the rest of the utilities run through.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob, how did you run the wiring for your lights? Did you use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...O2ISQK6X&psc=1 or https://www.amazon.com/DaNaRaa-Stain...s%2C196&sr=8-4 to hold the wiring up? I plan on running the wiring for the lights on the slides through the same loom that the rest of the utilities run through.
                              I am not sure which lights you are referring to . . . I have added lights in many places .
                              I usually use zip ties with a ring at the end for securing with a screw. (See attached picture)
                              If you are referring to the penny lights that I put along the skirt, the wiring harness for these gets complex because some are fixed and some go in and out wit the slides.

Rob

Name:	zip tie with screw hole.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	45857
                              Cate & Rob
                              2015 Reflection 303RLS
                              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob Rob, yes the penny lights. Cant decide if i want to put the screw ones to the bottom of the floor or use the "S" clip style ones to the frame. I picked up 20 of those lights and want to tie them to the porch light circuit so they all come on at the same time. I know the wiring for the slid out penny lights is a bit different because of the movement. That's why i am thinking those need to be ran in the loom with the rest of the wiring and stuff that moves with the slide. Not a big fan od the spring that supports the utilities. Will see how it holds up vs the flex style.

Had good luck with these on the previous 2 campers.
                                https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compo...06230881&psc=1
                                Joseph
                                Tow
                                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X