squeaky floors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squeaky floors

Howdy, Just purchased a new 24mk and think it is a great unit, to the point that we could find nothing on our walkthrough with the tech at possession time. However, we have just noticed that the floor squeaks like crazy the length of the unit, right down the middle of the walkway. The trailer is level, all the supports are correct, and it is going in soon to the dealer once repairs have been okayed by G.D. Has anyone else had this issue, if so, how was it repaired. Thanks

Sometimes if you over-torque the jacks you will hear squeaks. My previous 5th wheel would squeak bad in the bunk house area if the rear jacks were raised too much and the JT strong arms tightened. Try re-leveling the camper and see if you still have the squeaks. There may be a slight tweaking of the frame the way you have it set up causing the flooring to not be solidly on the cross members in the center of the camper. There is a lot of flex in our campers, and sometimes just lowering a stabilizer a bit (or raising it a bit) gets rid of the noise.

Not knowing your specific camper, I am of course speculating (and if true, would save you a trip to the dealer ...). Since it was fine during your walk through, maybe try moving it a bit and then re-level?
    2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
    1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
    2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

We bought our unit in October of 2016. When we first got it, some of the vinyl flooring was bubbled up, and we had a squeaky floor too. Within six months, we could no longer find the bubble and the floor had stopped squeaking. I guess heat and time settled things down. Hopefully, yours will too.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
      X