New Members from Omaha, Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Members from Omaha, Nebraska

Hi, we are Ross & Sue from Omaha and we picked up our 2022 Reflection 260RD on November 19, 2021. We've owned 2 Jayco pop-ups, a Jayco hybrid, a Flagstaff Microlite travel trailer and now the 260RD fifth wheel. I was nervous about towing a fifth wheel with an F-150 and had imagined all the worst scenarios but none of them happened. It's actually more stable to tow and was less affected by strong winds and semis on our 3.5 hour drive home than the travel trailer was on the way there. I had imagined breaking the rear window in the cab of my truck when backing into the driveway but that didn't happen either. I'll be replacing the converter/charger with one that will fully charge our 280 AH LiFePO4 battery and will install the Giandel 2200 watt inverter that I kept from the old camper. We don't boondock very often so we'll just plug the 260RD into the inverter when we do. 50 amp is new to us so would appreciate any tips specific to that. I'm researching solutions for the rear stabilizer/levelers as they do rub when I back into the driveway. Can't wait for our first trip!
    Ross & Sue, Omaha NE
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2020 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch on B&W Turnover Ball

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
    Hi, we are Ross & Sue from Omaha and we picked up our 2022 Reflection 260RD on November 19, 2021. We've owned 2 Jayco pop-ups, a Jayco hybrid, a Flagstaff Microlite travel trailer and now the 260RD fifth wheel. I was nervous about towing a fifth wheel with an F-150 and had imagined all the worst scenarios but none of them happened. It's actually more stable to tow and was less affected by strong winds and semis on our 3.5 hour drive home than the travel trailer was on the way there. I had imagined breaking the rear window in the cab of my truck when backing into the driveway but that didn't happen either. I'll be replacing the converter/charger with one that will fully charge our 280 AH LiFePO4 battery and will install the Giandel 2200 watt inverter that I kept from the old camper. We don't boondock very often so we'll just plug the 260RD into the inverter when we do. 50 amp is new to us so would appreciate any tips specific to that. I'm researching solutions for the rear stabilizer/levelers as they do rub when I back into the driveway. Can't wait for our first trip!
    Welcome, Ross & Sue! Thanks for filling out your signature line.

The rear stabilizers have been mentioned before -- and found it! Check out https://gdrvowners.com/forum/mainten...leveling-jacks

There's no magic solution to the issue in that thread, but maybe you can quote some of the owners in that thread if you have a question since they've already "been there and done that".

Again, welcome!

Howard

P.S. I found the thread using my favorite search trick. In DuckDuckGo (could be Google, too) I entered 260RD rear stabilizer site:gdrvowners.com and it returned a list of applicable threads. The external search engines are FAR superior to the built-in search on the forum.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hey Ross and Sue Hulk - welcome to the Owners Forum from your neighbors to the north in Sioux Falls. Congratulations on your new 260 and trust your buying experience( from Leach Campers in Lincoln I suspect) was a good one. Hope you enjoy your GDRV as much as most of us have......some of us as very early on owners !

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Hulk Welcome to the Family and forum Ross and Sue!
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
          Hey Ross and Sue Hulk - welcome to the Owners Forum from your neighbors to the north in Sioux Falls. Congratulations on your new 260 and trust your buying experience( from Leach Campers in Lincoln I suspect) was a good one. Hope you enjoy your GDRV as much as most of us have......some of us as very early on owners !

Dan
          Canyonlight Thanks Dan. Actually, we ended up buying from Good Life RV in Webster City, Iowa. Leach wouldn't budge on the trade difference between our old and new camper so I looked elsewhere. I highly recommend Good Life RV - we had an excellent experience there. I am an ice fisherman so I may have to wander up your way to find ice this winter. So far, it doesn't look too promising around here.
          Ross & Sue, Omaha NE
          2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
          2020 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
          Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch on B&W Turnover Ball

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post

Canyonlight Thanks Dan. Actually, we ended up buying from Good Life RV in Webster City, Iowa. Leach wouldn't budge on the trade difference between our old and new camper so I looked elsewhere. I highly recommend Good Life RV - we had an excellent experience there. I am an ice fisherman so I may have to wander up your way to find ice this winter. So far, it doesn't look too promising around here.
            Ross - agree on Good Life. Before we bought our 303 in early 2014, we stopped at GL before heading to Des Moines to visit our daughter and SIL for the weekend. The sales person was extremely knowledgeable, very helpful, most pleasant, etc. Heck even though GDRV was a new company, he knew the history of the founders and about GDRV (as did I) since our current RV at that time was a Keystone TT. We wanted to compare our final two selections for our new RV of which they carried both and had each in stock. Hands down, GDRV (the product, the service, support, GDRV family experience and more) won then and still today.

I did quite a bit of hunting and fishing (mainly Walleye in state with Carol's family) for several decades but kinda gave it all up several years ago. Our love of the outdoors and location made these sports natural activity along with boating, snowmobiling, skiing, motorcycle riding, camping, etc. Our kids got involved in EVERY sport and activity so these activities took a back seat and that was fine. Ice fishing was not an activity we did very much at all. Enjoy yourself and be careful out there where ever you go this winter.

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
            X