Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Member and Transcend Xplor 247BH Owner

Hello!

We are Jeff and Patty. New to the forum and new owners of a Transcend Xplor 247BH. We picked-up our new camper earlier this week and are looking forward to spring when we can take it on some trips.

We upgraded from tents to a pop-up when our kids were small and used that for about 10 years. After a long break from camping, we decided to get back into it and really liked what we saw in Grand Design when looking for a new camper. The BH247 is a huge upgrade from our pop-up days! It will be great to have an option other than trudging to the bathhouse in the middle of the night, or to simply press a button to extend or retract the awning.

Why a BH247? We like to bring family & friends with us when camping so the bunk house layout offers us that flexibility. We like the BH247's layout with the L-shaped kitchen and sofa across from the dinette which seems unique among bunk house designs. The skylights and large windows allow much natural light inside which was another plus for us. Lastly, we were impressed by Grand Design's build quality and reputation.

I have been reading through the forum since we ordered our unit a few months ago. I appreciate all of the information and knowledge sharing that occurs here. I have felt a bit overwhelmed given all the new knowledge I need in order to safely tow & camp with a travel trailer. The forum has been very helpful. I was certainly more informed and prepared for our pick-up based on what I read here. I look forward to contributing in the future.

Happy New Year!
    Jeff & Patty
    2022 Transcend XPLOR 247BH
    2011 F150 4x4 SC 5.0 w/TT package

Congrats and welcome. It seems that you have found a unit that fits your style and needs. If you have any questions there are plenty of owners here willing to help.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Welcome. We're glad you joined us.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

jahowe Welcome to the family and the forum!
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
        X