New Owners With AV Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owners With AV Question

New GD owners of an Imagine XLS 23BHE. Quite the upgrade from our Jayco! Can’t wait to take it out! Did have a question about an HDMI cable running to the ceiling from the TV. The tech guy at dealership didn’t know…. Anyone know? I was hoping it would connect the TV to the radio receiver to tie into the speakers but the tech guy didn’t think so.
    Chad Richardson
    Mint Hill, NC

Originally posted by Afchad View Post
    New GD owners of an Imagine XLS 23BHE. Quite the upgrade from our Jayco! Can’t wait to take it out! Did have a question about an HDMI cable running to the ceiling from the TV. The tech guy at dealership didn’t know…. Anyone know? I was hoping it would connect the TV to the radio receiver to tie into the speakers but the tech guy didn’t think so.
    Welcome, Afchad. If you'd like to know more about this forum check out the Welcome Letter to New Members here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

With the location of the radio and the TV I think your guess is correct. The HDMI cable runs from the back of the radio to the TV.

Anticipating the next question...I am not sure which combination of buttons will make it work. (Sorry!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	HDMI.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	81027

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Afchad , you shouldn't need to do anything on the tv. On the radio, select hdmi as your input source. If no go, go to the tv menu, audio, and make sure the external source sound output is enabled.
      Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
      2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
      2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
      Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Awesome! Thank you both so much! I will try connecting through the radio and tv options tomorrow.
        Chad Richardson
        Mint Hill, NC

Comment

Unfortunately it seems irregardless of our settings, it won’t push the sound to the receiver. Guess I’ll have to get a sound bar like the sales tech suggested or an HDMI transmitter/receiver.
          Chad Richardson
          Mint Hill, NC

Comment

Afchad Check the HDMI connection in the TV to see if it is in an ARC port. If not, you may need to swap ports. Also check the receiver to ensure that there is not more than one HDMI port.

One other thing is to check the TV settings. Some require a change of setting so it will push the signal back out through eh HDMI cable on an ARC port.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Afchad , just thought of something. We are all assuming that cable is actually hooked up to your audio. Maybe it isn't. Not knowing what your audio unit is. Does it have the capability to play a dvd? On our solitude, the audio signal from the tv came out of the optical port of the TV, and used an adapter to convert to RCA (red and white) cables. There were zero hdmi cables supplied by GD, and no video player. Most audio head units found in RV applications (think marine also) do not use hdmi for an audio input. If they have an hdmi port, it is usually an output.
              Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
              2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
              2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
              2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
              Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

I was researching the same topic a little while ago… I think the HDMI cable goes from the radio unit as a one way to the TV. The intent is to use the radio unit as a pass-through to play audio over the speakers and video to the TV. For example to plug a DVD player into the radio. I don’t think the radio unit supports ARC.
                Tim H.
                2022 Imagine XLS 23BHE
                2019 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
                Formerly: 2016 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew, FX4, 3.5L EB, 6-1/2' bed
                Formerly: 2019 Keystone Passport 175BH

Comment

It's my understanding that it depends on what model receiver you have. I have a Reflection with a Jensen head unit and my TCL TV connects with it via the ARC protocol using the HDMI cable. I can play a DVD using the Jensen over the TV and have the sound come out the speakers. I can stream Netflix using the ROKU built into the TV and play the sound over the Jensen/RV speakers. I believe if you have an HDMI interface on your Jensen head unit, you can do what I can do. However, read that some Imagine's have a lower capability head unit without an HDMI port, and therefore are very limited.
                  Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
                  2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
                  2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

This will work and will even play standard DVDs but no BlueRays.

Jim

Comment

Our Jensen will play the TV though it. Simply select the Aux button and press 3X. The cycle is Aux1, Aux2, then ARC. On ARC the TV sends a signal to the radio. The TV and radio must be connected on both ends through the ARC HDMI port.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                      X