Hello from sunny Tucson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from sunny Tucson

I bought my new 2016 Grand Design Momentum 350M in May of 2016. I haul a Can Am Spyder RT Limited which weighs 1100 lbs, I carry little to none fresh water and 40 gallons of gas total in the rear tanks, and a washer dryer combo to minimize weight when hauling. After one year I replaced the E rated tires with G rated Goodyear tires.

Over the past three years I have had several issues with the unit; Wrong inside brake hub seals from the factory, Incorrect rear fuel tank sensors from the factory, Insufficient/little stopping capability, and RECENT unfinished wiring neutrals in the AC/DC distribution panel from the factory.

After 2 1/2 years the rear leaf springs were twisted and wore out. I replaced the leaf springs, 7K axles with 8K and the drum brakes with EOH disk brakes.

Welcome to the forum, Doug. How many miles in those 2.5 years? I just went over 10K with my 315RLTS (11 months of ownership).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome to the group. Glad you got the inadequacies worked out, sorry you had to deal with them though.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We have over 22000 miles since May 2016. Still love the rig.

Comment

Welcome from just across the state line. Happy Camping and Safe Travels.

Comment

Welcome Doug - As you can see from my username, I'm from Tucson also.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Welcome from SoCal!
              Paul and Deb Cervone
              2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
              2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
              2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment