New 260RD Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 260RD Owner

Just purchased our 2022 260RD and looking forward to some great adventures. Leaving October 9th for Oklahoma and maybe Texas if weather holds out. Upgraded from an Imagine XLS 22MLE. Looking forward to being a part of this community.
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2021 Ford F250 Lariat Short Bed
    Reese 16K

Congrats and welcome. Please have a read of our Welcome Letter to New Members and I hope you find this site useful.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks and I will do that! I’m already finding it very useful!
      Reese 16K

Comment

Originally posted by Resauers View Post
        Just purchased our 2022 260RD and looking forward to some great adventures. Leaving October 9th for Oklahoma and maybe Texas if weather holds out. Upgraded from an Imagine XLS 22MLE. Looking forward to being a part of this community.
        That is one my wife and I are looking at when the kids leave. Let us know your thoughts if you feel the urge
        Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

That is one my wife and I are looking at when the kids leave. Let us know your thoughts if you feel the urge
          We loved the MLE but it didn’t pull well so we decided to go the 5th wheel. The 260RD pulls really well. Love the layout but had trouble with the refrigerator rocking and not secured properly. We love the size of refrigerator but had to have it re-installed. I would look into the new 270BN. My thoughts on both, message me if you want further details or have more questions.
          Reese 16K

Comment

Originally posted by Resauers View Post

We loved the MLE but it didn’t pull well so we decided to go the 5th wheel. The 260RD pulls really well. Love the layout but had trouble with the refrigerator rocking and not secured properly. We love the size of refrigerator but had to have it re-installed. I would look into the new 270BN. My thoughts on both, message me if you want further details or have more questions.
            We purchased a 260RD in July and love it, but we too have the issue with the refrigerator rocking. It rocked so bad on our last trip (#5) the tiny brackets that are held the frig in place by a size 8 screw to the cabinet frame loosened up so much that the side of the frig was scratched. You could easily tell how far the frig rocked (~6 inches) by the scars on the side of the frig. It seemed to rock as far forward as possible. The only thing stopping it was the rear of the frig hitting the ceiling of the slot it sat in.

We attended an RV show yesterday and talked to a GD rep. He suggested we contact GD and see if there is an update to securing the frig. I'll be calling them today and will post an update.

One other tip we found that worked to keep the food from flying out while driving was to use the tension rods on each shelf of the frig and freezer. The plastic channel that slips over the top of the doors is not sturdy enough to keep the doors shut we found.
            Last edited by Capn_AJ5; 10-17-2022, 12:37 PM.
            Recreational RV'ers in Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Capn_AJ5 View Post

We attended an RV show yesterday and talked to a GD rep. He suggested we contact GD and see if there is an update to securing the frig. I'll be calling them today and will post an update.
              I contacted GD support and found out they are aware of the 16cf frig in the 260RD rocking. They are looking into a solution. My solution was to build a bracket to hold a block of Axek composite decking material with about a 3/32" gap between the composite material resting on the top of the frig and the ceiling to prevent the frig from rocking very far forward. Evidently the floor of the slide sags while in. This was a solution I noticed other manufactures were using at the RV show. The GD rep is sending me three more brackets to see if that will help. I intend to use a longer/larger screw, but like any solution, an improved fix in one area will just move the stress point to another area. Below are pictures of the solution and the scrape marks on side of refrigerator. Without the brackets and the block on top of the frig with the slide in, the frig can easily rock forward about 6".
              Click image for larger version

Name:	TopOfFrigBrace.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	97904 Click image for larger version

Name:	BraceInstalled.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	97905 Click image for larger version

Name:	ScapeMarksonLeftSideOfFrig.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	97906
              Attached Files
              Recreational RV'ers in Texas

Comment

The brackets they us weren’t really and help since they had to be bent. Our service company had to basically re-install the refrigerator with additional bracing for refrigerator and the walls around it. They said it needs to be able to move a small amount but now it can only move up or down a small amount. They almost punted and told me good luck. It’s installed solid now.
                Reese 16K

Comment

Working...
                X