Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the length of an 2020 Imagine 2400BH black water Bristol dump valve cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the length of an 2020 Imagine 2400BH black water Bristol dump valve cable?

Hello friends, First timer. OLD timer. I need to drop a large portion of the trailers belly pan. To replace the bathroom duck work because of a mouse urine smell. While I'm under there I want to replace the Black water Dump valve cable. Does anybody know how long of a cable I need to buy? Thanks

Originally posted by muddyboots View Post
    Hello friends, First timer. OLD timer. I need to drop a large portion of the trailers belly pan. To replace the bathroom duck work because of a mouse urine smell. While I'm under there I want to replace the Black water Dump valve cable. Does anybody know how long of a cable I need to buy? Thanks
    You will be better off if you measure the cable when you remove it. They come in may different lengths and I think can be cut to length but not sure. I would also check the path of the cable and make sure it does not have any small bends that will restrict the movement, a shorter or longer cable may be in order, shorter is better though.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

If you are replacing a cable, improving its routing could be a good idea. See the attachment to post 15 of this related thread. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-cap#post99137 I would also offer that a shorter cable is not always an improvement. I replaced one of my cables with one that was considerably longer to meet the cable manufacturer’s recommended bend radius. It works much better now.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

muddyboots

According to the parts lookup page, you have a 3" dump valve with a 36" cable
        https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/33317

But like Rob and Brian said, it might be worthwhile opening up the belly first to see if a longer cable is needed or would support better cable routing.
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by muddyboots View Post
          Valve OEM matters, too. There's a difference between the Valterra and Bristol valves. Either could be on your trailer. This post references a gray valve, but it will give you a visual: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...1404#post21404

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X