Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening fridge door with slides in

Hi folks,
    I'm new to Grand Design and this forum. I'm not sure I'm posting in the right place. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    My husband and I just purchased a 2022 Reflection 295RL. When we try to open the refrigerator door with the slides in, it won't go past the island without forcing it. It rubs just enough to make me think it actually should open and maybe something is out of alignment or something.
    Does anyone else have this issue?
    Thanks!
    Tami and Randy, Ohio
    2022 Reflection 295 RL
    2005 Chevy Silverado 2500, diesel

I have a 312bhts and can open one of the fridge doors with the slide in. It just barely clears the island, but it does. Routinely access it while on the road. We open the dinette slide only for lunch breaks. Not sure if yours should clear the island but it seems like it would be a grand design feature if it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Tami Schmidt View Post
      My husband and I just purchased a 2022 Reflection 295RL. When we try to open the refrigerator door with the slides in, it won't go past the island without forcing it. It rubs just enough to make me think it actually should open and maybe something is out of alignment or something.
      Welcome to the forum, Tami. If you'd like to set up a signature line and learn how to get the most from your time here, there's a Letter to New Members here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Your 295RL has a very common living and kitchen layout as seen in the GD's graphic below (so others reading this don't have to go find the layout). The right refrigerator door on my 315RLTS (same living/kitchen) opens with the slide closed. This was true with the original Dometic and also now with the Haier residential that's installed. That leads me to conclude that your door should open, too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	295RL.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	100323

To fix the problem, I believe the island can be unscrewed from the floor and, given the plumbing has some "give", move it just enough aft to allow the door to open. Your dealer should easily be able to accomplish this task. If you're the DIY type, there are individuals here that can assist with some instructions on how the island is fastened to the floor. (Sorry, I'm not 100% sure as I've never tried to move it.)

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Tami,

The fridge door is supposed to open with the slide in. We have the same layout in our Reflection 303RLS . . . and the same problem with the fridge door just barely contacting the island. This is a build variation situation where some fridges will open and some will not. If you decide to have the island moved, be very careful of the clearance to the dining table with the other slide pulled in. This is already a zero clearance situation in our 303. The island may have to be moved towards the rear of the trailer rather than towards the table side of the trailer. We decided that it is just easier to bump the fridge slide out an inch on the relatively rare occasion that we want to open the fridge at a travel stop. (We pre-pack lunch in a cooler bag)

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you all so much for the advice. I'm calling the dealership tomorrow to discuss this. Now I feel like I have a better idea of what I'm talking about, thanks to you.
          Tami and Randy, Ohio
          2022 Reflection 295 RL
          2005 Chevy Silverado 2500, diesel

Comment

Originally posted by Tami Schmidt View Post
            Thank you all so much for the advice. I'm calling the dealership tomorrow to discuss this. Now I feel like I have a better idea of what I'm talking about, thanks to you.
            What this forum is all about! Please share the results as that will help us learn, too.

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X