One Slide Switch for two slides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Slide Switch for two slides

Made it back to home port with our new 344GK...unhappy about "one slide switch running both slides simultaneously" .... the main coach slides come together at island preventing any access to view rear cabinets e.g. Pantry and desk with drawers that have sprung open while underway..
    We noted this to our sales staff and maintenance (delivery/PDI/showout) personnel due to one drawer already broken. The drawer was repaired before delivery, but continues to be a problem. They came open again and were caught in the outgoing slide.

There is a manifold near the hydraulic pump that has two knobs on it. Each knob is a valve that can be closed individually to keep the corresponding slide from moving. Then you can do one slide at a time.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
    2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toys:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
    2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Aw shucks, gee whiz Ya don't say! Would've been real nice to have had that much splained at delivery show out....🤠...
      at my age I can't say I remember everything I'm told...but that's why I have a wheel book and pencil in my front pocket...I'm a note taker these days...
      I'll have to practice (play) with the valves to see which one does what...
      I'm out in my shop repairing three sets of drawer rails at the moment..very grateful the cabinet/drawer supports didn't break...

Comment

• Big Red
        Big Red commented
        Editing a comment
        Time to go “Booger” mode. (Revenge of The Nerds 1980s)... . I like it when I get issues and am pointed in the right direction, I typically “nerd out” after reading that and start searching and scouring the internet about it. That is is so cool in reference to the valve.. I am actually gonna start looking to see if there is any info about valves like that for me. I purchase what I thought was a gently used 2014 323BHS but am coming up with things here and there. Keep us updated.

The next question is , Do you have to go out to the panel , turn knob , go back into rv put one slide out , go back out to panel turn other knob , back into rv then put other slide out?
      I am tired just thinking about that.

Brian
      Last edited by Country Campers; 06-24-2019, 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Pretty much.... or find a way to secure the doors and drawers better
        Jim (& Sharon)
        2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
        2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
        The toys:
        2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
        2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

i know that's right! I'm laying on the kitchen floor in the middle of reinstalling repaired drawer rails... started laughing cuz...I don't wanna get up...

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            The next question is , Do you have to go out to the panel , turn knob , go back into rv put one slide out , go back out to panel turn other knob , back into rv then put other slide out?
            I am tired just thinking about that.

Brian
            Yep! I just started doing this recently. I actually like having the option to run the slides in and out separately or together.
            Brian & Kellie
            2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
            2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
            2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
            2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post

Yep! I just started doing this recently. I actually like having the option to run the slides in and out separately or together.
              This would seem like an ideal "opportunity" for a couple of 12V solenoid valves and a wireless remote, or switches at the main panel.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

This would seem like an ideal "opportunity" for a couple of 12V solenoid valves and a wireless remote, or switches at the main panel.

Rob
                My wife says you're a bad influence :-)
                Brian & Kellie
                2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
                2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
                2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
                2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

I found the valves...mine are located in the starboard propane compartment, way up high (two small knurled knobs) on the back side of where the manifold is around in fwd compartment. Turned the right one clockwise and Wala...the streetside slide stayed put while the curbside proceeded out.

Gotta say "thankyou very much"
                  R/stevej

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post

My wife says you're a bad influence :-)
                    I'm thinking that Kellie & Cate would agree on a lot of things . . .

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                    X