Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shower skylight

Hello,
    Anyone found a good fix for the shower skylight sounding like a drum during the rain?
    "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
    2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
    2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
    2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

We had a second tinted skylight put over the top of the original one. This was done to reduce the heat, but also helps with the noise.

You can try putting a couple of pieces of eternabond on the dome to help with adding mass. Similar to the way they put DynaMat on the inside of vehicles to minimize / eliminate the noise from car stereo equipment.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Barta View Post
      Hello,
      Anyone found a good fix for the shower skylight sounding like a drum during the rain?
      Jeff
      I guess only camp when it is sunny

Sorry - could not help that. My house has a metal roof and when camping I love the rain sound and the skylight noise fits right in. Now there are insulation pillows made to fit them. Google "rv skylight pillow" That may muffle the sound for you.

Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

thank you everyone
        "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
        2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
        2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
        2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Comment

Working...
        X