No announcement yet.

Shower Glass Exploded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After measuring and seeing how the doors are hanging, I’m thinking the curved track that is only mounted on each side sags down with the weight of the doors and puts pressure to whatever panel touches first. That In Combo with temp swings I think are causing this. I think I’m going to fab a stainless rod to hang in the middle from the ceiling. That should keep things from sagging.. I’m getting tired of replacing glass and cleaning up the mess…

Comment

Originally posted by muk View Post
      After measuring and seeing how the doors are hanging, I’m thinking the curved track that is only mounted on each side sags down with the weight of the doors and puts pressure to whatever panel touches first. That In Combo with temp swings I think are causing this. I think I’m going to fab a stainless rod to hang in the middle from the ceiling. That should keep things from sagging.. I’m getting tired of replacing glass and cleaning up the mess…
      i like your idea of a vertical rod to support the centre of the curved upper track. I’m going to follow your lead on this! . . . (Sharing ideas like this is what this forum is all about!)

Rob

Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Just thought I’d share my fix. I’m not sure if it was a bad batch of glass, but this certainly can’t hurt.

Comment

muk

Thanks for the follow-up. Looks good! I will copy.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X