dinette pedestal not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dinette pedestal not working

The pneumatic pedestal that holds up my dinette will not lift the table. It also has a tendency to sink after being fully extended during use. We tightened the adjusting screw on the clamp which seems to be helping with the sinking, but, we have to lift the table to full height and lock it in place, which a 2 person job.
    For the life of me I can't find any documentation in the packet I received when purchased from the dealer in March of 2023. I don't even know what the pedestal unit is called or who makes it to find out if it's serviceable. The trailer is a 2023 23BHE.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Added some youtube links below.
    Last edited by goodXgang; 06-17-2023, 09:31 PM.
    2023 Imagine XLS 23 BHE, F-150 LWB Crew Cab

LCI calls it "Variable Height Pedestal Table". I couldn't find much on the LCI site other than a less than useful manual. My table is difficult to raise, too.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

https://youtube.com/shorts/7q1roSB-EXM?feature=share​

Comment

Guessing this is the GD part number you are referring to: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owners...s/parts-lookup

I looked through the vague OEM and owners manuals. They do not say anything about weight other than if it does not lift on its own assistance may be needed.

I also looked online at a few other brands and again they say nothing about the weight it can lift.

Sorry none of this is any help. Personally I liked the old fashioned metal pole with base system. Yeah the wobbled, but no chance of it dropping mid meal or something.

https://www.rvpartscountry.com/rvtablesupports
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

I would think that the clamps need to be clamped after raising the table, maybe you are already doing this.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
            Guessing this is the GD part number you are referring to: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owners...s/parts-lookup

I looked through the vague OEM and owners manuals. They do not say anything about weight other than if it does not lift on its own assistance may be needed.

I also looked online at a few other brands and again they say nothing about the weight it can lift.

Sorry none of this is any help. Personally I liked the old fashioned metal pole with base system. Yeah the wobbled, but no chance of it dropping mid meal or something.

https://www.rvpartscountry.com/rvtablesupports
            @Jlaweles2, I did find the part through the parts look up, last night. The PN# is 681898. No description of manufacturer. Don't know where to get it. I'm unable to find the pedestal on Lippert website.
            Springfield marine makes one PN# 1660230, their youtube video says it will lift 50 Lbs. and support 120 Lbs. cost on various websites is around $500.
            I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow to see what can be done, I'm hopeful there is some kind of warranty, this thing is brand new and has never worked appropriately. I just thought maybe we were doing it wrong but after removing the table it clearly does not function the way it is supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              I would think that the clamps need to be clamped after raising the table, maybe you are already doing this.

Brian
              The clamps definitely need to be clamped after reaching desired height. The problem we're having is that we not only have to lift the table, but the pedestal seems to add friction or extra weight that we have to over come while climbing under and clamping. The opposite of convenience. I hope my Youtube links above worked.

Comment

https://support.lci1.com/variable-he...destal#Manuals the LCI link. I don't know where it's listed in the product lineup.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

The air spring(s) may be shot. I don't know how they are accessed. It may require a complete pedestal replacement.
                  I did replace the table top because it was splitting.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

The table appears first in this master manual.
                    ccd-0001573-07.pdf
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                      https://support.lci1.com/variable-he...destal#Manuals the LCI link. I don't know where it's listed in the product lineup.
                      Jlawles2 This is pretty good intel, THANK YOU. Still leads to pretty basic info on operation but provides the knowledge that it is a LCI part and that I can contact them for repair/replacement. I will follow up with their reply.

Comment

Update: The 3 stage pedestal supplied in my trailer is NOT AN LCI PART. It is supplied by Redrock Supply PN# 141019-01. This was discovered by contacting Grand Design Customer service and Grand Design is working to get me a replacement under warranty at this time. I'll update as necessary. I must add that the customer service at both LCI and Grand Design have been very good.

Comment

That's good to hear.
                          Ted
                          2021 Reflection 310RLS
                          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Did you get the replacement pedestal that you need? The reason I ask is that I recently purchased a GD AIM 15BH. It came with the same pedestal as yours.

When I bought my camper I knew that I would remove that dinette table and replace it with something portable - a folding table perhaps. That would allow me to make better use of my dinette space for lounging, watching TV, or just sitting and talking with friends, etc. In my camper it is better without the dinette table always being there and crowding my space.

So, I did remove it. It is unused and just like new. In fact, the camper is only two months old now and the table was removed and replaced with a folding table right from the start. I say this because I still have the dinette table and pedestal and will not be using it. So, it is available if anyone needs one. Price negotiable .

BTW - Is there a place on here for classified listings of RV related items for sale? A place where owners can look for items they need and list items they no longer need. A classified section would be a great addition if there isn't one already. I am new here, and I simply don't know. Thanks!!
                            gDan Coleman
                            GD AIM 15BH
                            Ford Super Duty, F250 4x4, 6.8L gasser
                            Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Comment

Working...
                            X