Entry door - cracks on interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry door - cracks on interior

I noticed some cracks on the interior side of the main entry door, and wondered if anyone has insight on this? Is this just a cosmetic issue, or should I be more worried? Any recommendations for fixing? I searched the forum for cracks on the interior side of the entry door, and those who had the issue were still under warranty, but my unit is past that. Thanks all!

PS - I can't upload pictures from my phone, but the cracks are very similar to those in this post. Mine are not as substantial though. Thanks again.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...nterior-cracks
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

StephenO. This is getting go be a very common problem on these entry doors. One of my buddies believes this is caused by water penetration. Check out his video:

https://youtu.be/2oJXPKj_xzo

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
      I noticed some cracks on the interior side of the main entry door, and wondered if anyone has insight on this? Is this just a cosmetic issue, or should I be more worried? Any recommendations for fixing? I searched the forum for cracks on the interior side of the entry door, and those who had the issue were still under warranty, but my unit is past that. Thanks all!

PS - I can't upload pictures from my phone, but the cracks are very similar to those in this post. Mine are not as substantial though. Thanks again.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...nterior-cracks
      My door was manufactured 11/06/2020 so likely close to same vintage as yours. So far no cracks, but given the pia friction hinges I'm surprised something hasn't cracked before now. Might be worth calls to GD and LCI anyway... given the seemingly widespread problems with these doors they may remedy.

Mike
      Mike & Sonya
      2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
      Blue Ox SwayPro
      2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Thanks TucsonJim and NoPeeking

In some ways it's nice to know it's not just me with this issue, but it is unfortunate it's becoming a widespread problem. I'll try contacting Lippert about this, and see if they have any recommendations for remedy. Will certainly report back if I hear anything.
        ​​​​
        2019 Imagine 2400BH

Comment

Originally posted by NoPeeking View Post

So far no cracks, but given the pia friction hinges I'm surprised something hasn't cracked before now.

Mike
          Thought it would be worthwhile calling this out, but I agree. While I like the friction hinge and not needing to hook the door to help prevent it from closing on its own. It certainly does though feel like you put uneven pressure on the door when closing. Especially with the combination of the solid step fold down stairs, where you are likely standing on the ground to close the door, pushing only on the bottom corner opposite of the hinge.
          2019 Imagine 2400BH

Comment

While I have no cracks that have appeared on the interior of the door, I have noticed that I can shake the door while it is open and a little water will come out of the corner of the bottom of the door. This happens after a rain. Unlike the video above everything appears to be sealed pretty good, but maybe not. I'd like to start with the window but I don't know how to get the interior and exterior frame off. Next maybe the lock, which would not be a problem.
            2020 Reflection 273MK
            2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
              I'd like to start with the window but I don't know how to get the interior and exterior frame off.
              If you search for 'Lippert door window replacement' there are a few videos where people show how to remove the interior trim, followed by the exterior trim and window. Spoiler alert, looks like you need to secure the exterior side of the window using tape so it doesn't fall out, then remove the interior trim with special clips. After that, you can remove the glass and exterior trim.

https://store.lci1.com/window-keys-16-pack-429436
              ​​​​​​
              2019 Imagine 2400BH

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

If you search for 'Lippert door window replacement' there are a few videos where people show how to remove the interior trim, followed by the exterior trim and window. Spoiler alert, looks like you need to secure the exterior side of the window using tape so it doesn't fall out, then remove the interior trim with special clips. After that, you can remove the glass and exterior trim.

https://store.lci1.com/window-keys-16-pack-429436
                ​​​​​​

Thanks. I'm not so sure that just a bead of silicone might work without having to dissemble anything. I'll take a look.
                2020 Reflection 273MK
                2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
                X