Dinette conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinette conversion

I am wondering if anyone has converted the cargo area dinette seating into storage bins? I dont plan on storing anything super heavy, and by taking out the current dinette seating I'm assuming the weight will not be an issue. I want to keep the queen bed, just want to add some extra storage for blankets and such that will be easier to access by using the happijac system. I dont want to mess up the frame or support so any and all suggestions more than welcome!​

cnewby

Letting us know what model you are referring to will help.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

cnewby, haven't done what your considering, but a couple of thoughts come to mind:

The tri-fold benches support the queen bed platform when raising and lowering with the stops set for the insertion of the cotter pins. Your storage unit will have to do the same, especially for the upper stored position of the bed platform. This will either limit the height of the storage unit, or the upper limit will have to be reset.

The happi-jack system can support the weight of the tri-fold benches and the bed platform. Since the plan is to keep the bed platform, as long as the weight of the storage unit and cargo does not exceed the weight of the tri-fold benches every thing should be okay.

Good luck and keep us posted.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
      X