Bubbling Wall Paper inside Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubbling Wall Paper inside Trailer

2022 Imagine 23LDE We have had it a year. Noticed this on her side of the bed the other day when I went to take trailer camping. It is under window in bedroom. Made appointment with RV Country in Mt. Vernon WA where we bought it from. I have been up on the roof regularly inspecting it when I clean the trailer off. Have not seen any reason to think it is a leak from the roof causing it. And it is only under and near that window. Thinking there is a problem with the seal around the window perhaps. But we never noticed moisture in the camper. We have for the past year kept it at friends house and used it regularly as sort of a cabin get away on their 5 acre country home. This just showed up this summer after we have been without rain for a long time which makes it puzzling. Anyway, it's under warranty or at least is should be so I am going to let dealer dig into it so I can't be blamed for anything.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	352
Size:	900.6 KB
ID:	120014

Welcome to our owners technical forum . . . I like your forum name BTW (suits me pretty closely LOL)

The bubbling wall paper is a common result of water intrusion. Particularly because this is below a window. Water could be getting in anywhere around the window frame and finding its way down into the wall panelling below.

rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob -- could those bubbles also be a symptom of the Post Powder Beetle?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        Cate&Rob -- could those bubbles also be a symptom of the Post Powder Beetle?
        Not likely Howard. There would be sawdust like material under the damage. From the photo, I don't see any sawdust. The photo is indicative of water damage and has been seen before. The outside wall should also be checked closely for delamination.

A quick photo search on Google provided examples of other brands of RVs with similar damage attributed to moisture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Moisture Damage.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	120057
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X