Big floor issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big floor issue

We just had a tear in the floor of our Transcend Xplor 245RL repaired 3 weeks ago at a dealer due to construction material being stuck under the slide. Today we noticed this happening. They cut out the one panel and glued it down with a dark adhesive that leaks and sticks to your shoes. Now ALL EDGES that they cut around are coming up!!!! WE ARE EXTREMELY UPSET about this. What a horrible repair in a high traffic area. HOW can this be fixed permanently!!?? We need to bring in the slide to move and are terrified the floor will rip. We are on the road so a temporary repair is needed for now! We are looking at using Gorilla Construction glue to set the floor before we have to bring in the
    Andy and Stacy. New owners of a 2022 GD TRANSCEND 245RL pulled by a 2017 Ram Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7

I would think that you should lift out the repair piece, clean off the improper glue and reinstall with correct glue. TucsonJim recently completed a similar repair and can advise on the correct glue.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I would NOT use Gorilla construction glue. It has a tendency to expand when curing and may cause the flooring to lift. I used the following product from Loctite.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/LOCTITE-...=aw.ds#overlay

After removing the old adhesive, use the new adhesive in accordance with the tube instructions. Then use a seam roller to roll the edges flat. Once in position, place a heavy object on the patch until it cures in 24 hours.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
      X