Are the couches bolted to the floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the couches bolted to the floor?

I ran into a problem in my new Momentum 395MS. I noticed that the theater seat closer to garage wasn't working. When I tried to pull the theater seats away from the wall to investigate whether something was disconnected or not, I found that the theater seats appear to be bolted down (at least I wasn't able to move them). I checked the sleeper sofa on the opposite side of the room and it appears to be bolted down as well. I wrote Grand Design to ask about this, but (surprisingly) never received an answer. Are these seats secured to the floor? If so, what do I need to do to release them, at least temporarily? Thank you in advance for your help.
    Dan and Carla Suson
    2023 Momentum 395MS
    2016 Ford F-350 Diesel DRW

On the three GDRV units I've owned, all these types of furniture are secured to the floor using screws. You can typically find a way to access the screws by removing parts of the furniture, lifting recliners, or opening up sofa sleepers. They will be held in place with either a Phillips head or Roberts screw.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

My loveseat comes unplugged often. The transformers are heavy and bouncing down the road dislodges them. I am able to plug them back in with out unscrewing the loveseat from the floor.
      Trib
      2019 Freightliner Cascadia 126
      2021 Momentum 320G
      2021 Road Glide Limited
      See you down the road!!

Comment

In order to keep from having the heated seat get turned on accidentally I added a power strip next to one of the seats. Both of the transformers are now plugged in to the strip and strip is kept off unless we are sitting there.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by djsuson View Post
          I ran into a problem in my new Momentum 395MS. I noticed that the theater seat closer to garage wasn't working. When I tried to pull the theater seats away from the wall to investigate whether something was disconnected or not, I found that the theater seats appear to be bolted down (at least I wasn't able to move them). I checked the sleeper sofa on the opposite side of the room and it appears to be bolted down as well. I wrote Grand Design to ask about this, but (surprisingly) never received an answer. Are these seats secured to the floor? If so, what do I need to do to release them, at least temporarily? Thank you in advance for your help.
          I found it easier to pull the seat backs up and off by holding the release latches found inboard of the seat back rails in order to access the outlet behind the TP theater seat/recliners.

​​​​​​ Thomas Payne® Theater Seating Aftermarket Manual.pdf
          2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Working...
          X