312 BHTS bunk over couch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 312 BHTS bunk over couch

312 BHTS bunk over couch has one hydraulic lifter, at the rear. While the bunk is in the lifted the forward end sags by a couple of inches. Is there any problem with adding a second hydraulic lifter to the forward end?
    2024 Reflection 312BHTS

Originally posted by Mike-KimP View Post
    312 BHTS bunk over couch has one hydraulic lifter, at the rear. While the bunk is in the lifted the forward end sags by a couple of inches. Is there any problem with adding a second hydraulic lifter to the forward end?
    I wouldn't think so. But if you do this, can you please share the details and photos? This sounds like a great DIY project.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I don't have a bunk system, but you may need to replace the rear one with one that is 1/2 the force so it lifts and lowers properly.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I think you are discussing pneumatic (air) rather than hydraulic (liquid) struts. The lift force should be noted on the original cylinder and I agree with Jlawles2 Joseph that you will probably have to replace the original strut with one of lesser strength so that the two together lift the bunk evenly. (These struts come in many different lengths and strengths)

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X