Drawers for Storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawers for Storage?

In my Reflection model the refrigerator, pantry and couch are on the driver's side and this side is 315 heavier than the other side. I am looking for options to put heavier items on the passenger side to counter the difference instead of adding to it. My options are either the kitchen wall cabinets or the drawers to put heavier items that would go in the pantry (canned goods). Will these support heavy items? These items would be put in baskets to keep them from sliding around. My pots and pans are under the dining room seat. I also plan on putting the water and beer in a container under the dining room table on the passenger side. There are also wall cabinets over the dining room table that can hold a lot of stuff.
    Raymond and Dee Dee
    2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Do you have the same slide drive mechanism and number of rollers on both slides? Sometimes the lighter slide has a lighter design slide mechanism (it is this way on my Reflection 303RLS) making it unwise to load excessive weight into the slide not designed for this.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

My trailer has slides only on the drivers side which is the heavier side. This is why I am wanting to put more weight on the non slide side. With the refrigerator on the slide this will only add more weight as I put food in it.
      Raymond and Dee Dee
      2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
      2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

As far as the 'up above' cabinets, I would be reluctant to put heavier items up there. I don't know what their weight rating is but I don't think it is very much. We keep lighter things like bread, snacks and I keep my camera gear & laptop up there.
        But we have the same thinking as you, load light on the drivers side, if we have a case of beer and or water it is under the table when travelling.
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        2021 303RLS
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

I have a side question about some other drawers. I have a washer/dryer optional setup which right now is set up for hanging clothes with a shelf below plus three drawers below the shelf. I am guessing if I wanted a w/d (which I don't) the drawers would come out. Is this correct? I am thinking maybe I could remove the drawers and make an area for storing heavier items. The location is on the passenger (light) side and close to the axles. I don't know how much weight the shelf or the drawers can handle.
          Raymond and Dee Dee
          2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
          2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

reubenray

Yes the drawers would be removed to install the w/d combo.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X