Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning off the motion activated aisle lights

Hello,
    We're new to our '24 Imagine 17MKE - Is there a way to turn off the motion activated aisle lights when sleeping (other than cutting the power)? They come on at unwanted times during the night (when I turn over in bed - maybe the covers hanging down trips them? and seemingly when the heater kicks on?). There's usually enough ambient light to see by so they're un-needed. Thanks for the help.

If there is no switch on the light you could add a piece of scotch tape on the bedroom side of the motion detector. This should slow or stop the motion detection on that side.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the quick reply. There's no switch. I was hoping there was a more elegant solution... but if not, covering it is better than being woken up by it. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by DanM View Post
        Hello,
        We're new to our '24 Imagine 17MKE - Is there a way to turn off the motion activated aisle lights when sleeping (other than cutting the power)? They come on at unwanted times during the night (when I turn over in bed - maybe the covers hanging down trips them? and seemingly when the heater kicks on?). There's usually enough ambient light to see by so they're un-needed. Thanks for the help.
        We had the same issue in our 378 MBS. I have a light switch just above mine which had the wires for the motion light so I took out the single light switch and replaced it with a dual switch and now I can turn it off or on depending on what I need. This is the switch I used. https://www.amazon.ca/JR-Products-12...d4e99494b&th=1

Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

You could replace the light with some of these. They are what we had before One Control, the switch on the light lets you pick between motion light, off, or just on all the time.

https://www.amazon.com/RecPro-Activa...63&sr=8-7&th=1
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by DanM View Post
            Hello,
            I thought they were too bright also. I took a Red Sharpie (large tip) and drew several layers of red over the lens. It cut down substantially on the light and now creates a dim red glow if they come on.
            2021 Solitude 380FL-R
            2022 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Working...
            X