Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what these closet screws screw into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what these closet screws screw into?

This just boggles my mind. Since leveling and winterizing in the fall, the snow finally cleared and I opened up to start clean up for this week's trip to Elkhart. The trim panel on the front of the bed frame popped, gaps in the ceiling trim, the closet door will not open (it was fine in the fall), and I wonder what the screws in the closet shoe storage area are screwed into (or not) since they are 1/4" above the 'cabinet' floor? Just feels like the whole nose sagged over the winter. This is mostly on the off-door side where there are other issues suggesting some abnormal flex. But, these screws were secure when I winterized. That's what I just don't understand. When the rig sits for any length of time level, I have to re-adjust the closet doors to get them to open. For anyone who has seen their nose cap off, what do these screws, screw into? Wood frame? These were flat when I winterized which is what I can't understand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	closet screws off-door side.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	132069
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

I'm not sure what those screws go into. But our 310's closet door (for the washer closet) does the exact same thing. I can auto-level and it works perfectly. Move to new site, auto-level, and it won't latch unless I lift hard on the handle.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      I'm not sure what those screws go into. But our 310's closet door (for the washer closet) does the exact same thing. I can auto-level and it works perfectly. Move to new site, auto-level, and it won't latch unless I lift hard on the handle.
      Our closet door with the W/D is fine - never had a problem with that. It's the sliding closet doors which I continually have to adjust because they bind on the bottom track. When parked open, they sit on the off-door side. Not sure how much adjustment is left I've done it so many times.
      2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn

Comment

Originally posted by ajg617 View Post

Our closet door with the W/D is fine - never had a problem with that. It's the sliding closet doors which I continually have to adjust because they bind on the bottom track. When parked open, they sit on the off-door side. Not sure how much adjustment is left I've done it so many times.
        Hmmm. Our '24 doesn't have a bottom track at all. They are just free swinging.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Hmmm. Our '24 doesn't have a bottom track at all. They are just free swinging.

Jim
          I had heard they did away with the bottom track sometime in 2023 maybe? But might be a good reason why other than saving some $.

Comment

Working...
          X