Pinholes in roller shades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinholes in roller shades

Another "new rig" interior question for GDRV-Emily or GDRV-Megan ... We've noticed that several of the roller shades in our new 310GK-R have pinholes (a very small hole through which we can see light) in them. My two questions are: 1) is there a concern that this is a weak point that will develop into a tear? and 2) is there a liquid vinyl that can be dabbed on the pinhole to repair it or would the situation require replacing the whole shade? (If "yes" to #2 that would be a shame!) If there were a Plasti Dip color than would match, that would be great! If anyone else has ideas, I'm open...

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post
    Another "new rig" interior question for GDRV-Emily or GDRV-Megan ... We've noticed that several of the roller shades in our new 310GK-R have pinholes (a very small hole through which we can see light) in them. My two questions are: 1) is there a concern that this is a weak point that will develop into a tear? and 2) is there a liquid vinyl that can be dabbed on the pinhole to repair it or would the situation require replacing the whole shade? (If "yes" to #2 that would be a shame!) If there were a Plasti Dip color than would match, that would be great! If anyone else has ideas, I'm open...

Rob
    I'm sorry, but we are not aware of any type of liquid vinyl. Because you're unit is under warranty, we would recommend replacing the shade completely. You can either reach out to us direct at 574-825-9679 or have your dealer order through us.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post
      We've noticed that several of the roller shades in our new 310GK-R have pinholes (a very small hole through which we can see light) in them. My two questions are: 1) is there a concern that this is a weak point that will develop into a tear? and 2) is there a liquid vinyl that can be dabbed on the pinhole to repair it or would the situation require replacing the whole shade?
      We had a shade (or two?) replaced under warranty for this reason. Now off warranty, another shade is showing a "pinhole" (it's actually about the size of a small pea) that we're both pretty sure was not there before.

It would be great if Grand Design could find a product like the one you describe for patching these holes. It would save GD money on replacing blinds too!
      Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Try finding a colored silicone calk that matches. Use a Q-tip or tooth pick to apply to the hole. Let dry before closing.
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I would go buy a large fabric store (JoAnn Fabrics etc...) they should sell a vinyl repair kit. The biggest problem is finding it in a matching color.

Charles and Susan
          2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
          Andersen Hitch
          2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

I just did a Google search.
            Lots of different repair kits to choose from in various colors
            Charles and Susan
            2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
            Andersen Hitch
            2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment