Recliner heat won't turn on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recliner heat won't turn on.

We have, new since 2019 Rally, the LCI Thomas Payne electric recliners. The heat on one side has decided to stop working. All the electric connections are proper, I compared the 2 sides.
    I cannot see an inline fuse. Is there one?
    Otherwise, any suggestions on what to look for?
    If nothing else I'll make a warranty claim with LCI?
    Thanks for any input you can give.

Originally posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    We have, new since 2019 Rally, the LCI Thomas Payne electric recliners. The heat on one side has decided to stop working. All the electric connections are proper, I compared the 2 sides.
    I cannot see an inline fuse. Is there one?
    Otherwise, any suggestions on what to look for?
    If nothing else I'll make a warranty claim with LCI?
    Thanks for any input you can give.
    https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...ng-not-working

I'm also sending you a PM with another bit of info...
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

TNFSolitude
      Hi Tom,

We have similar vintage replacement Thomas Payne recliners. Shortly after we got ours, electric heat stopped working on one. I did some investigation and found "zero resistance" on the heat element circuit for the one that didn't work. The one that does work has measurable resistance. This means that the non-functioning heater has a broken element. For this vintage of seats, this element is not replaceable without replacing the entire recliner. LCI has subsequently changed their design to put the heating element in a pocket so that it can be replaced. (Not that this helps our situation). I am so fed up with trying to deal with LCI (on any component that they supply) that I decided to just leave this as is. The original recliners did not have heat and we were OK with that. If you have success with a warranty claim, please let us know.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks guys, I thought I remembered a thread on the other forum but couldn't find it. It looks like quite a few people had good luck with LCI and getting a new control board so I'll try that tomorrow. Will keep you updated here if I have any luck. Just had a thought, maybe the chair caught the coronavirus. Too soon? Sorry.

Comment

Working...
        X