Kitchen Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Island

Ok, so I know that someone out there has done this boo boo and I need some advice and direction to get started in doing the repair. I have the 375RES and I did the no no and forgot to let the leaf down on the table and started bringing in the kitchen slides. I heard it start to bind and stopped but just at that moment the Island baseboard trim popped. I had a small piece of trim on the floor and now the Island is a little loose. How do it tighten the island back up? or even open it up to check the floor connections?

Hi Willy13,

The island is simply screwed to the floor. If you have drawers, pull out the bottom one to see these screws at that end. If you need to access the area under the sink, you will have to pry out the island floor panel inside. This panel went in after the island was screwed to the floor, so it should come out relatively easily.

(and you are correct in how I know this )

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Willy13 View Post
      Ok, so I know that someone out there has done this boo boo and I need some advice and direction to get started in doing the repair. I have the 375RES and I did the no no and forgot to let the leaf down on the table and started bringing in the kitchen slides. I heard it start to bind and stopped but just at that moment the Island baseboard trim popped. I had a small piece of trim on the floor and now the Island is a little loose. How do it tighten the island back up? or even open it up to check the floor connections?
      Ummm ask me how I know about this as well I did the same thing to my one month old 375RES last fall. Yep that table leaf is a bugger! I just took it back to the dealer and they repaired everything as Rob described. No major damage though but I folded it over so far it dinged the front of the fridge ( fridge slide came in first). Hope you get it all fixed and I suggest you put a small label by the number 1 slide switch, I put "table" on the little stick on label.
      Jeff
      2019 Solitude 375 RES
      2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

They didn't trust us with a table leaf on our 2017. No leaf option available. They probably knew I'd test the crunch function switch if I had one.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks everyone for the info and admitting that you have done the same thing. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Comment

Working...
          X