• Show
Clear All

• Shower Sun issue

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1054.jpeg
Views:	724
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	20550
    Anyone found a solution to blocking the sun in the shower's sun thingy.... I've totally blanked on what this is called but it certainly adds to the heat the RV brings in.... since it is in the shower, something that resists mildew... I've thought of putting up a reflective sheet using velcro... taking it down while running the shower & the up when done... any ideas or suggestsions?
    Thanks,
    Cindy
    2021 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Dualy
    2022 Solitude 3330RE
    Cindy & Xena

On my sun thingy (skylight ), I took down the inner panel and covered it with a tinted film. It worked great for a couple of months, but the added heat of the dark tint destroyed the inner panel. When I get around to it, I'm going to replace the outer skylight panel with a tinted version. It just lets too much light and heat in here in Arizona.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We use Reflectix insulation cut to size for shower skylight, held in place with Velcro. You can buy Reflectix at hardware stores like Home Depot, etc.
      2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
      2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
      Andersen WDH
      Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
      2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
      2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

I wish GD would swap and put the fan/vent thingy over the shower and the sun thingy over the toilet. Then when taking a shower the hot/misty water would go out the vent, and if you left the vent open and it rained it wouldn't matter as it would rain into the shower
        Andi
        Brookings SD
        2018 Reflection 337RLS
        2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

I have a windshield sunshade (reflective, and folding), that I cut a piece out of to go into the side window of the truck when it is parked. I’m currently in the process of cutting a piece out of what’s left that will fit over the underside of the skylight. I am planning hand-stitch a short elastic hair bungee to each corner, then put a Command Adhesive clip on each corner of the skylight. The hair bungees will have just enough stretch to hold the reflective material in place.

I originally though about just a piece of fabric, cut to the right size, but decided that it might be better to reflect the heat back out rather than have the fabric absorb it.
          Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
          Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
          2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
          Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
          Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

In my previous 5th wheel an older Carriage Cameo, a skylight shade was installed in the shower skylight. I mostly kept it closed as it helped with the heat tremendously. I see there are several places you can order.

https://unitedshade.com/product/skylight-shade/

Vivian
            Vivian
            2018 Reflection 303rls
            Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
            Demco Recon

Comment

Cindy - I have seen pillow type insulation type products used for the 14" X 14" ceiling vents where fans are usually located as in the link below. I seem to recall a similar product for skylights and other openings although in a quick search I did not locate these. If conducting an internet search comes up empty for you, possibly something as simple as using an appropriate type pillow held in by the design of your choice could be an option as well.

https://www.rvpartscountry.com/Ventm...n_p_30716.html

Dan
              Dan & Carol
              2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
              2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
              X