Kitchen sink & barn door questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen sink & barn door questions

New Imagine 2800BH. Is the kitchen sink real stainless steel, or plastic that looks like stainless steel. I tapped on it but can't tell. Just want to know what cleaner to use when cleaning the sink.
    Barn door to bedroom, is it best to travel with the door open or closed? Thanks for any info you can provide.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Originally posted by Outrigger View Post
    New Imagine 2800BH. Is the kitchen sink real stainless steel, or plastic that looks like stainless steel. I tapped on it but can't tell. Just want to know what cleaner to use when cleaning the sink.
    Barn door to bedroom, is it best to travel with the door open or closed? Thanks for any info you can provide.
    The sink should be stainless steel, a decent quality so if you have one in your house the same cleaner will work, bath sink as well.
    The bedroom barn door should have a strap that holds the door open , this would be the best way to travel. There are a few threads on here about the strap breaking prematurely so be on the look out for that.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Outrigger View Post
      I'm going to disagree with Brian on the bedroom door. If you can secure the door closed, that is how I'd travel.

In 2016, we were traveling on the highway when our truck caught on fire due to a fuel leak. The fire spread to the fifth wheel and into the bedroom. We were traveling with the bedroom door closed which helped slow the spread of the fire and allowed us to salvage some items from the kitchen and living room. I have no doubt that these items would have been completely destroyed if we'd been traveling with the door open. Even with the door closed, there was a ton of smoke damage and many items could not be salvaged.

You can see from the first photo below that the bedroom area was completely destroyed, but the wallpaper on the wall by the bathroom was still somewhat intact. The second photo shows that the cabinets did not burn even though they are smoke damaged.

If the door had been open, I suspect the entire coach would have been fully engulfed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0514.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	22236

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0531.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	22237

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

TucsonJim

The difference is your fifth wheel had a normal door with a door knob and latch. A sliding barn door does not have a latch to keep it close. Our 29RS has a barn door that has a magnetic catch to keep it close but will not hold up to traveling down the road. The barn door style has a strap to keep it in the open position but nothing to keep it closed. One would have to add a latch of some kind to keep it closed and not banging back and forth while traveling.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you Brian & Jim. Very helpful. I have ordered an old style screen door hook & eye. Will install on the back of the barn door to keep it in place while on the road.
          Also put a rubber stopper on the screw that is the door stop when opening to make the "hit" a bit softer.
          Thanks again,
          Steve
          2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Working...
          X