Garage door rattle m351

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage door rattle m351

When the garage/ramp door is closed I hear a rattle inside the wall (rear corner) on each side. When the ramp door is in the patio position I have no rattle.

any chance there are weights or something inside the wall for the ramp door? Is the rattle normal
    when driving or walking in the unit?

thanks

Not sure what years or models have/had them, but I have seen GD ramp doors with an internal assist in the door frame. If yours doesn't have any visible assist springs on the hinges that is probably what you have.

Not sure what can be done about a rattle unless they are accessible some how.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
    2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toys:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
    2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Parts list is no help and I haven't actually torn into the ramp frame to check on this but I'm pretty sure that there are springs inside the tubular side frames and that this is what is rattling. With the ramp down, or in deck configuration, the tension on the springs helps to damper their lateral movement so no or less noise.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
      X