Hex bolt protruding in floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Looking at the plans that I have access to there is a cross beam between the frame rails right in that location. The dealer , or you , would have to drop the coroplast to get access to the attachment point on the underside of the floor. If you would be lucky there would be a nut to tighten that would draw the bolt down , if the bolt spins you would have to cut the flooring to access the bolt head. I am not sure if they use bolts and nuts for this or just a large self tapping screw into the frame work , probably the latter which would mean they would have to cut a small area around the bolt head to tighten or move if it is stripped.

Brian
    Brian, thank you for the information on the cross beam. I will have to get on the creeper and see if it's something I want to tackle. My dealer is 4 1/2 hrs from where I live but they are very professional at what they do so...

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
    We kinda had the same issue. I had several bumps in the floor in front of our street side slide. After two trips to the dealership with no attempt to repair it, Grand Design approved a mobile repair. Our bumps were a combination of bits of trash that hadn't been swept clean before the flooring was laid and screws from the bottom that had pushed up pieces of flooring. It didn't take too long for him to do it and he did a great job with it.
    Jerry, thank you for the input. Did they replace your flooring? Mobile repair would be the best solution for me since as mentioned above, my dealer is 4 1/2 hrs away. If I wanted a GD, which I did, I had to travel to get it.

If this is a bolt of several that holds the floor down, it wouldn't bother me except for how it will eventually wear on the flooring.

I have sent the warranty person at our dealer an update and link to this thread. I will report further when I have an update.
    Last edited by BillinTexas; 02-01-2021, 08:05 AM.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

Comment

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post

Brian, thank you for the information on the cross beam. I will have to get on the creeper and see if it's something I want to tackle. My dealer is 4 1/2 hrs from where I live but they are very professional at what they do so...

Jerry, thank you for the input. Did they replace your flooring? Mobile repair would be the best solution for me since as mentioned above, my dealer is 4 1/2 hrs away. If I wanted a GD, which I did, I had to travel to get it.

If this is a bolt of several that holds the floor down, it wouldn't bother me except for how it will eventually wear on the flooring.

I have sent the warranty person at our dealer an update and link to this thread. I will report further when I have an update.
      He didn't have to replace the floor. He was able to score the linoleum then remove the trash, then glued the two sides back down and then seal the seal.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Just a thought, your most economical route may be to let a local floor covering shop repair the floor. They do this stuff every day and probably wouldn't take but about 15 minutes. I would think this would be more economical that traveling 4 1/2 hours or paying travel time for a mobile tech.

2020 Reflection 273MK
        2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post

Just a thought, your most economical route may be to let a local floor covering shop repair the floor. They do this stuff every day and probably wouldn't take but about 15 minutes. I would think this would be more economical that traveling 4 1/2 hours or paying travel time for a mobile tech.

Thanks for the suggestion. The mobile tech I would hope to be paid for under warranty. This has been a known issue from the beginning that we thought had gone away.

UPDATE: No communication from our dealer by email last week so will be calling them this morning.
          Bill & Cindy
          2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
          2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
          SE Texas

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. The mobile tech I would hope to be paid for under warranty. This has been a known issue from the beginning that we thought had gone away.

UPDATE: No communication from our dealer by email last week so will be calling them this morning.

When I was looking at warranty work, I was told by GD they would pay for labor but I was responsible for travel time. Maybe YMMV. Seems that getting dealers to do any service work in a timely manner is close to impossible today.
            2020 Reflection 273MK
            2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
            X