Help with Warranty Work -- Overhead Ceiling Falling Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Warranty Work -- Overhead Ceiling Falling Down

Enjoy my trailer very much but right away a trim piece fell from the overhead. The cause is a miss alignment (3/4") of the aluminum cross member and the overhead. I have tried several times to get help from support but I am being told this is my problem to fix. Any ideas how to fix or how to get help from Grand Design? Thank you all for the help.

Originally posted by bradfordoliver View Post
    Enjoy my trailer very much but right away a trim piece fell from the overhead. The cause is a miss alignment (3/4") of the aluminum cross member and the overhead. I have tried several times to get help from support but I am being told this is my problem to fix. Any ideas how to fix or how to get help from Grand Design? Thank you all for the help.
    Have you talked to your dealer? Grand Design requests that contacting the dealer is first , if the dealer does not resolve the warranty issue then GD would help then. If you are away from your dealer a mobile technician could be a possibility.

It is hard to see from your pics the misalignment issue but I am guessing that the trim piece is suppose to be stapled to the aluminum frame in the ceiling?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Noted this was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

It would help if you'd list your year/model of GD trailer. Also, if not done already, enter your VIN in your profile. (The letter explains how to do all of this.)

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

bradfordoliver -- note I moved your thread to the Interior/Storage channel.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

My Trailer Information: Grand Design Imagine IM17MKE-2021 (573TE2221M3418718

Comment

My Trailer Information: Grand Design Imagine IM17MKE-2021 (573TE2221M3418718
            Contact your dealership and then GD. You should be under warranty still. Make sure GD opens a case to document the problem. Be patient. Things are not moving fast now days. Let us know how it goes.
            2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn, CC SB 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
            2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

All, Just an update. Received a call from Donna who said there were family issues slowing the response. That was a week ago. I identified the issue in November so another week or so I felt was not that big of a deal. No response from either the dealer or Grand Design. In addition, this morning the trim on the left side of the murphy bed came loose. Issue was a "brad" nail that was not properly placed into a secure place. My job will allow me to have time tomorrow to call a local dealer to see if they will help but the issue is coordination as I need the trailer to live in. Not sure your all experience, but the reason I purchased a Grand Design was stated quality and policy to resolve issues. So far, this is proving to be a marketing effort more that a reality. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Bradford

Comment

All, Just an update. Received a call from Donna who said there were family issues slowing the response. That was a week ago. I identified the issue in November so another week or so I felt was not that big of a deal. No response from either the dealer or Grand Design. In addition, this morning the trim on the left side of the murphy bed came loose. Issue was a "brad" nail that was not properly placed into a secure place. My job will allow me to have time tomorrow to call a local dealer to see if they will help but the issue is coordination as I need the trailer to live in. Not sure your all experience, but the reason I purchased a Grand Design was stated quality and policy to resolve issues. So far, this is proving to be a marketing effort more that a reality. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Bradford
                Honestly...for small repairs (like the trim) consider repairing it yourself. While you're 100% correct that this is a warranty issue, the unvarnished truth is it's usually easier (and faster) to just do the repair yourself.

Should that not be a possibility, persistence is the key. As Country Campers advised in post 2, if the dealer will not help ask GD if they will authorize a mobile technician to do the repair. If you go this route, though, be aware that the mobile tech's "service fee" will be an out-of-pocket expense. (The "service fee" is not the labor to fix the trim, it's for the tech to come to you.)

Will you please post back with an update NLT Thursday evening?

Howard

Comment

Working...
                X