Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about shower storage solution for 22MLE (and other models too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about shower storage solution for 22MLE (and other models too)

Does anybody have experience hanging something like this in the shower? How does this attach and does the trailer need to have a special backer installed inside the wall?

Click image for larger version  Name:	rockwood_shower.JPG Views:	0 Size:	142.4 KB ID:	45471

Our 22MLE could probably benefit from something like that to store shampoo bottles, and there appears to be enough exposed wall above the shower surround.

Click image for larger version  Name:	22mle_Shower.JPG Views:	0 Size:	50.6 KB ID:	45472

But I guess it all depends on how these things hang and are secured into the wall. The only suitable walls in a 22MLE shower are exterior walls, so I don't have my hopes up that something like this will be able to be installed aftermarket. But any suggestions are most appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	22mle_floorplan.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	45476

Thanks,
    Bill M.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

We use a "Shower Caddy" fastened to the shower wall. These come with suction cups that don't work well on the textured shower wall. I put clear silicone in the cups and then fasten each cup to the wall with a stainless steel coarse thread (sheet metal) screw through its center. This has held for many years and many miles. Similar to the picture attached, but if you can find a stainless steel version, this would be better.

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower Caddy.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	45483
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by BillM321 View Post
      But any suggestions are most appreciated.
      Bill You can use wall mollies on the outside wall if your careful and hollow out spaces for the wings to expand. I used some small pick tools, but a bent coat hanger would work. I installed a wall mounted knife block in my kitchen on the outside wall. Its tough to do, but can be done. Will also work on the shower plastic I think.

Click image for larger version  Name:	toggels.jpg Views:	34 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	45499

In the shower fill the center with silicone before inserting the screw.

Hope this helps.
      Keith
      Last edited by howson; 03-16-2021, 04:46 PM. Reason: Trimmed quote for easier reading.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
      X