No announcement yet.

Fixing an Out of Level Sofa Bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sofa bed had the same issue as Dans in post 9. It was bowed in the middle with the head and foot ends lower than the middle. When the legs were raised this resulted in the bed being flat, but now the entire bed was tilted toward the outside wall or the head of the sofa bed. The next fix would be to shim up the head or outside wall end to level out the now flat sofa bed. Yours may be a different issue where the mid section with overlapping foam as in post 11 was not found on my rig.

Comment

Originally posted by FatTire View Post

When unfolded, the section under the legs is higher than the section closest to the wall where your head would usually rest which means your feet are elevated. I can't see how raising the legs would solve the issue. I really don't understand what was done in post #9 as it doesn't give a procedure - I guess it is elsewhere, and I can't make the pictures larger. I guess I'll either look for the original post or try blocking the entire back section to raise it. Post #11 is exactly the issue with my sofa, but I am not able to just throw in the towel and not use it. Whoever designed this setup should be made to sleep on it for at least a month.
      Not sure what else I can share as the changes were relatively easy, quick, and simple. Let me know what else you are needing details on and I will try to recall what I did. There is nothing elsewhere as I simply copied what I had posted a few years back in the other sandbox. It may be that we cannot enlarge the pictures since these too along with the narrative were copied and pasted here.

Here are the pictures again which hopefully can be enlarged.

Dan
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Here a few more pictures showing the legs when re-assembled and piece cut from legs:

Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Working...
        X