Shower wall separating from floor pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower wall separating from floor pan

We have a new Imagine, has been used 10 days and I can push on the wall of the shower, at the base, and it has become separated from the base piece. What should I do? Can I use calking and seal it? What kind of calking? Or, since it is new, should I just take it in for repair?

DennisandDenise Welcome to the family and the forum! Knowing what Imagine that you have would be a great help for us as knowing which shower you have. The showers are generally a two piece and generally are not sealed at the bottom, but the walls sit inside of a raised lip around the pan.

When you have time, the moderators have created a welcome letter to help new members navigate the forum and complete their profile to make it easier to get the help that they seek. The welcome letter can be found at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by DennisandDenise View Post
      We have a new Imagine, has been used 10 days and I can push on the wall of the shower, at the base, and it has become separated from the base piece. What should I do? Can I use calking and seal it? What kind of calking? Or, since it is new, should I just take it in for repair?
      I would have it documented with your dealer and have them fix it under warranty. If you wish to do yourself clear silicone would work. Post a picture if you would to let us see the issue.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

DennisandDenise
        Welcome to our owners technical forum.

Are there any signs that this seam was ever caulked in the first place? If not, it was probably never intended to be sealed. Our Reflection has always been this way and this allows different expansion of the wall and the shower base. There is a significant overlap of the wall panel over the shower base to prevent water from entering. (Think of how a shingled roof works)

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          DennisandDenise
          Welcome to our owners technical forum.

Are there any signs that this seam was ever caulked in the first place? If not, it was probably never intended to be sealed. Our Reflection has always been this way and this allows different expansion of the wall and the shower base. There is a significant overlap of the wall panel over the shower base to prevent water from entering. (Think of how a shingled roof works)

Rob
          Same with our Reflection as well. For what it's worth. As designed.
          Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
          2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
          2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post

Same with our Reflection as well. For what it's worth. As designed.
            Same for our 2021 Imagine 2600RB. I noted this on my PDI inspection that the shower wall wasn't caulked at the pan joint and was told by dealer that this is as designed, so the wall is able to handle flexing that will happen while on the road.

This is assuming you're speaking about the three walls of the shower. On my model we don't have a curtain, we have a horizontal pull-close roller shade type of "door". The base of this has a metal frame that is caulked with silicone to the shower pan, but only on the outer side of the shower. The inner side of the door frame has silicone only at the corners. I've heard that others have run a full silicone caulk bead along this portion and I plan to as well.

Joe
            Sailor_Joe, 2021 imagine 2600RB, 2017 Ford F-150, XLT super crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow.

Comment

The shower in our 2021 2970RL has silicone around the base of all three walls where the wall meets the pan and the metal rail for the roller shade door.
              Mike & Lisa
              Central Florida
              2021 Imagine 2970RL
              1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

DennisandDenise We have a 20221 2600RB. The three walls at the base of the shower pan were sealed with silicone from the factory. The base of the roller shower door is siliconed on the outside, corners on the inside and the entire length of the door uprights inside and out. I believe the theory of no silicone on the inside bottom of the door track is that if left open it will dry and no mildew will form, perhaps the same for the pan. If it is sealed tight any failure of the seal will allow moisture in and mold and mildew could form without air circulation and cause unpleasant odors and other issues.

Dave
                flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Originally posted by flyfshrockies View Post
                  DennisandDenise We have a 20221 2600RB. The three walls at the base of the shower pan were sealed with silicone from the factory.
                  Dave
                  That's interesting Dave. We have a 2021 2600RB as well and the three shower walls are not sealed where they join the shower pan. Dealer told us that this is as designed. Interesting.

Joe
                  Sailor_Joe, 2021 imagine 2600RB, 2017 Ford F-150, XLT super crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow.

Comment

Sailor_Joe Yes, interesting. Seems that consistency is not the watch word at times. I have had a number of r.v's and they were a mixed bag on stuff like this. I am going to wait on sealing the bottom of the shower door on the inside and see how that goes. I certainly expect the silicone around the bottom of the shower pan to be problematic but will see as time goes along.

Dave
                    flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Perhaps all units leave the factory without the shower walls sealed to the pan and some dealers decide that they need to “fix this” by adding a bead of silicone?

Rob
                      Cate & Rob
                      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                        Perhaps all units leave the factory without the shower walls sealed to the pan and some dealers decide that they need to “fix this” by adding a bead of silicone?

Rob
                        You were making a joke right? That was sarcasm right? Dealers don't fix anything unless they are told to or paid to.
                        Mike & Lisa
                        Central Florida
                        2021 Imagine 2970RL
                        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Working...
                        X