2018 303rls soft bathroom floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 303rls soft bathroom floor

We have a soft floor in the bathroom between the wall under the slide to the sink and from the carpet to under the shower 2x2 area. When we bought it 3 years ago I had seen a small amount of water in the corner on the floor where the shower meets the wall and floor. Told the dealer and when it was in for fixing the slide they had said that it was nothing and not to worry about it. Noticed when we opened it the second year that that corner was getting softer and when it went in to fix the slide for the second time. They told us that there was nothing wrong again and it was structural and it was the floor giving and they all did that. We now opened it this spring and that whole area is so soft we are afraid to walk on it. Anyone else experience this?

Cbmma922
    Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum. I see that you have posted the same thing in two locations . . . please refrain from doing this as it divides and confuses the replies. (I will remove your other post and leave this thread active)

There are two possible sources for water damage in this area. One being the shower and the other being the corner of the closet slide. If the deterioration continued to expand while the shower was not being used (was winter storage outside?) I would suspect the slide opening to be the source of the water. There is a plastic cup at the bottom of the Schwintek slide drive mechanism that gathers drain water and directs it outside. If the drain opening of this cup is plugged or the cup is not correctly positioned, this could be where the the water is coming from.

The underside of this floor area is visible from the pass through storage area You would have to open up the underside covering. It would also be possible to pull back the bedroom carpet and then (carefully) pull back the vinyl bathroom flooring, to see what is going on.

Unfortunately, you have encountered the all-to-common capability of RV Dealer service. You may want to look for a mobile RV service company that can assist you.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cbmma922 Welcome to the family and the forum!
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
      X