Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saddle box lip breaking - way to repair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddle box lip breaking - way to repair.

Well this is all my fault - well Ill start with that. I had loaded my saddle box (curb side) with a teiki oil (gallon), Colman fuel (gallon) several spray cans of silicon, WD40 etc and a few spare plumbing parts and a set of drill bits. Everything fit perfect. I vaguely remember someone else posting somewhere about having one break.

What I am talking about is the black plastic tub that sits below the floor just inside the basement door on both sides. The lip that sets against the door side has the plastic breaking away from the screws. Its a long straight lip. The weight was enough to have it break and fall down about 1/4 inch or more, especially the center.

Is there a way to fix this? Part number is 560116 (per the lookup) but it does not say which side or is there a difference? Have no idea what the costs.

I was thinking about some kind of metal flashing to sandwich it against the exterior wall.

BTW Grand Design - is there a weight limit that should be posted on this tub so other don't break them?

Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    Well this is all my fault - well Ill start with that. I had loaded my saddle box (curb side) with a teiki oil (gallon), Colman fuel (gallon) several spray cans of silicon, WD40 etc and a few spare plumbing parts and a set of drill bits. Everything fit perfect. I vaguely remember someone else posting somewhere about having one break.

What I am talking about is the black plastic tub that sits below the floor just inside the basement door on both sides. The lip that sets against the door side has the plastic breaking away from the screws. Its a long straight lip. The weight was enough to have it break and fall down about 1/4 inch or more, especially the center.

Is there a way to fix this? Part number is 560116 (per the lookup) but it does not say which side or is there a difference? Have no idea what the costs.

I was thinking about some kind of metal flashing to sandwich it against the exterior wall.

BTW Grand Design - is there a weight limit that should be posted on this tub so other don't break them?

Thanks
    Keith
    From another person's experience the plastic tray is ~$60. That "other person" has a well-known penchant for wildly over-the-top projects (as well as humorous posts)--here are a few pics on what he did when he broke his tray. (I can't post a link to the original Basement Tray Caution thread per this forum's rules.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic1.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	5459

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic2.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	5460
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Its a shame that person is not near me to help me with my wood working skills. $60 can buy a lot of materials. Hmmmmm...the High School welding shop is always looking for things to work on. I wonder?

PS thanks for the tip
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
      X