Level the recliner table in 22rbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level the recliner table in 22rbe

I am looking for any advice or how-to about the table that attaches to the recliners in the slideout of an Imagine xls 22rbe. Mine is so out of level that everything slides off the table onto your lap. I think it might be possible to shim the top of the bracket bolted to the recliners to get the tabletop parallel with the floor. Anyone out there dealt with this problem?

Monty
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE

monsteroyd Welcome to the family and the forum!

I ended up having to flip my recliners then cut a small slit in the fabric directly under the table base and using a long extension I replaced the nuts with new ones and larger washers and tightened them well. That and tightening the male part is the best I have come up with.

I see that you are a new member and wanted to take a moment to let you know that the moderators have put together a Welcome Letter for new members to help them navigate the forum and have the best possible experience here. You can find it at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Not sure I quite understand what you did with the slit in the fabric and long extension. I was planning on just shimming out the top of the bracket on the recliner. There look to be 4 screws (bolts?) that attach the bracket to the recliner. If I shimmed out the top to make the bracket 90 degrees to the floor, and the pedestal pipe is actually 90 degrees, I should get parallel to the floor.
      2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE

Comment

By slit in the bottom, he probably means the under cover on the recliner at the arms. This allowed him to see and access the bottom of the support bracket.

Long extension is just so that he as the ability to work the tool not confined to the arm space.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

monsteroyd Please accept my apology for confusing you. I have different furniture with the same problem and that was part of my solution. After looking at your recliner, Shimming may be an option, but I think I would check first about how the tabletop is secured to the mount and maybe the top can be leveled by shimming there, or maybe flexing the flat mounting surface.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X