Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xplor 297QB - Protruding plywood beneath couch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xplor 297QB - Protruding plywood beneath couch?

Recently took delivery of our 297QB (yay!). Kids were excited to go in and check it out, until my son cut the top of his foot pretty good. The plywood that’s underneath the couch and covered with carpet comes out a good inch or so from the bottom of the couch, and is high enough off the floor that my son’s foot could get under it while walking around. This normal build / required for slide out functioning? If so, I hope I can at least cover it with a rubber corner bumper, or saw a rounded corner into it. Seems like many more stubbed toes waiting to happen as it is.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Steven L
    2021 Transcend 297QB
    2021 Ford F-250

Originally posted by ShadowCamper View Post
    Recently took delivery of our 297QB (yay!). Kids were excited to go in and check it out, until my son cut the top of his foot pretty good. The plywood that’s underneath the couch and covered with carpet comes out a good inch or so from the bottom of the couch, and is high enough off the floor that my son’s foot could get under it while walking around. This normal build / required for slide out functioning? If so, I hope I can at least cover it with a rubber corner bumper, or saw a rounded corner into it. Seems like many more stubbed toes waiting to happen as it is.

Thanks,
    Steve
    That doesn't sound right, Steve. Can you post a picture, please?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Steve. That type of slide out will have a height difference between the slide and the main floor. GDRV covered it with carpet in order to minimize the transition. But if someone were to slide their foot under the carpet, I can envision a rough edge that could cause a cut.

Click image for larger version

Name:	XPLOR---297QB---F2B-web.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	56719
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks. I’ll post a pic next time I’m in the trailer, but yeah looks like that. Just wasn’t sure if it was normal or not. Things you don’t notice until you actually own a unitard spend some time in it I guess!
        Steven L
        2021 Transcend 297QB
        2021 Ford F-250

Comment

Working...
        X