Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lack of options for reflection travel trailer? Will this be changing soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of options for reflection travel trailer? Will this be changing soon?

GD is known as being one of the best Travel trailer makers out there now and are at the top of the premium brands. Or so I thought? I was incredibly disappointed to learn there are basically ZERO technology options available for the Reflection Travel Trailers even though they are the “premium” line of their travel trailers. We fell in love with the new 300RBTS floor plan and it is perfect for our wants and needs. Then the disappoint set in...... no automatic leveling, no WiFi ranger, no one control (or similar all in one digital panel), no second max fan, no slide toppers, no bedroom tv option, no fireplace below the tv anymore, etc etc. This list is long BUT as a younger couple looking to purchase there are some of these things we want and don’t want to sacrifice without. I’m disappointed auto level is not an option? It’s standard on premium rockwoods, standard on ALL cougars etc. I can’t even get it as an option is shocking to me. We use our phones for everything now and we want/need a WiFi ranger to connect our devices to one central location for printing etc and would LOVE to be able to control our trailer from a smartphone app. I understand a dealer can install most of these items but We would much rather have these things added at factory so a dealer doesn’t have to cut holes in our roof or frame etc.

Another surprise was “solid steps” are now standard on Imagine line BUT not standard on the premium Reflection line, you can’t even get the option for solid steps on the reflection?!?!?

I expected more standard features from GD and if not standard I would think at least an option?

GD......are there options you will be adding to the reflection travel trailer series anytime very soon? Are there any options you can add from factory that are not listed?

even though the Reflection 300RBTS is almost perfect for us I think the lack of options from factory will keep us from purchasing one and instead go with a rock wood or a cougar where the options are almost endless.

Sbrunk21
    Welcome to the forum. You ask some good questions. I know you got some interesting feed back to your question at the other place. So you now - I looked very hard at a Cougar but don't let the fancy slam latches and the other clams fool you. Poke your nose into the cabinets and look behind the doors. Check out the axles, cargo carrying capacity, unit weigh, tank size etc..

I am going to tag a few GD folks so they might see this sooner.
    GDRV-Emily GDRV-Megan
    o
    BTW we are not supposed to link anything on the other site here and likewise here to there. So you know - I have made the mistake

Take some time to look at both forums here and get a feel for the folks and the layout. A lot to learn and gleam.
    Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Sbrunk21 thanks for reaching out on this. I have actually fwd your comments to our Reflection GM and he would like me to get your number so he can call and chat with you about all of this. Can you message me your number please? Thank you!

Thanks Yoda for the tag!

Comment

Emily I was trying to message you but I keep getting an error?

Comment

GDRV-Emily I think I was able to private message you

Comment

I got it and replied! Thank you!!

Also, here is something for you to check out in regard to our Reflection units.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yoda I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd try reviving it. I've tagged you because you were the only one to respond and we're not supposed to tag GDRV folks.

I'm interested in the Reflection TT as an upgrade from our current Imagine 2150rb. I came across (what I realized later on) was an older Reflection cheat sheet PDF, was dated April 2020, but it had the 300rbts listed with a 115 (or, was it 118) gallon gray capacity. In the most recent PDF, the 300rbts is listed as having 75 gallon gray, and it is now showing in the DSO section. Any idea how the gray capacity was divided on the previous year model with 115 gallon capacity? Would love to have 60 for bath/shower capacity to make easy work of a 3+ night stay at state parks (i.e. parks w/o sewer hook-ups).

We're looking to upgrade to a little more seating, larger fridge (potentially interested in 12vdc), larger gray holding for bath/shower. Would like to stay close to 30'. The 297rsts looks great, but it's fridge size is lacking -- converting this to a 10cu 12vdc fridge would be a desirable choice. We're considering the 10cu 12vdc fridge swap for our current.
              Charlie, Allie and Clyde (5 y/o Black Lab)
              2020 Imagine 2150rb and
              2020 Ford F250 w/ 7.3L (Godzila) Engine
              --- Previous ---
              2016 GMC Canyon with K&N Cold Air Intake, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Diablo Sport Octane 87 tune, and Roadmaster Active Suspension

Comment

Originally posted by Bones1078 View Post
                [USER="246"]I'm interested in the Reflection TT as an upgrade from our current Imagine 2150rb. I came across (what I realized later on) was an older Reflection cheat sheet PDF, was dated April 2020, but it had the 300rbts listed with a 115 (or, was it 118) gallon gray capacity. In the most recent PDF, the 300rbts is listed as having 75 gallon gray, and it is now showing in the DSO section. Any idea how the gray capacity was divided on the previous year model with 115 gallon capacity? Would love to have 60 for bath/shower capacity to make easy work of a 3+ night stay at state parks (i.e. parks w/o sewer hook-ups).
                Charlie,
                The 300RBTS is labeled as "Dealer Stock Only" on GD's website. That means they are no longer manufacturing that model. The three Reflection TTs in production are the 315RLTS (what I have), the 312BHTS and the 297RSTS. https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...ion/floorplans

The 300RBTS' tank layout was 32G gray (front of trailer) followed by a 54G fresh water tank, then a 43G gray, another 43G gray, and finally a 43G black. (That front gray must be for the washer only, like in my 315RLTS.)

Either myself or one of my fellow moderators can help with what is supposed to be in the railers, but due to nearly constant substitutions what may come from the factory could be different. But we'll try our best to answer any questions, so fire away. Anything we can't answer we'll tag our hosts for you.

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson I never considered that the washer would have its own tank. That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying that!
                  Is it common for them to place a separate tank for the washer? When they do, do they not include that tank in the specs sheet? Your description gives 118 gallon gray capacity but they only list 75 gallons (for the 300rbts). I understand, as you mentioned, they may make substitutions due to supply.

Do you know what lay just beyond the horizon with options for the Reflection TT line? We aren't super animated to upgrade at the moment -- just continuing to collect the "needs" we're looking to get in our next one. AND, I know GDRV monitors these forums, to some degree, and they like feedback....so, perhaps this might turn into something that benefits us in the next year or so.
                  Thanks for the info, as always!
                  Last edited by Bones1078; 08-19-2021, 07:50 PM.
                  Charlie, Allie and Clyde (5 y/o Black Lab)
                  2020 Imagine 2150rb and
                  2020 Ford F250 w/ 7.3L (Godzila) Engine
                  --- Previous ---
                  2016 GMC Canyon with K&N Cold Air Intake, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Diablo Sport Octane 87 tune, and Roadmaster Active Suspension

Comment

Originally posted by Bones1078 View Post
                    howson I never considered that the washer would have its own tank. That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying that!
                    Is it common for them to place a separate tank for the washer? When they do, do they not include that tank in the specs sheet? Your description gives 118 gallon gray capacity but they only list 75 gallons (for the 300rbts). I understand, as you mentioned, they may make substitutions due to supply.

Do you know what lay just beyond the horizon with options for the Reflection TT line? We aren't super animated to upgrade at the moment -- just continuing to collect the "needs" we're looking to get in our next one. AND, I know GDRV monitors these forums, to some degree, and they like feedback....so, perhaps this might turn into something that benefits us in the next year or so.
                    Thanks for the info, as always!
                    Unfortunately any information I may have would have to be held in confidence. (Sorry!)

To your question about the washer gray--there's not always a separate tank.

There will be the latest models on display at the National Rally--hopefully one (or more) of the attendees can provide some input via a thread on the topic.
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                    X