No announcement yet.

Bathroom Sliding Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is an older thread but I fixed this problem this past weekend with my 2021 Imagine 2970RL. I had the 3/4" gap and was going the route of filling the gap but I couldn't find anything in my local big box DIY store that would work and look good. After some more staring at the problem I came up with adjusting the door track.

The door was actually rubbing the wall just a little bit on the back (right) side of the door when opening the door. So the door was closer to the wall on the right and farther from the wall on the left (when standing outside the BR and looking in). So I figured I would adjust the top track. It was held in by the two stopper screws at either end and then 3 screws for just the track. I removed the stopper screws; slid the door to the middle of the track and removed the two end screws holding the track. Just the center screw was holding track on at this point. I then moved the left side of the track closer to the wall. put the two track screws in and problem solved. There is now NO gap in our bathroom door. Then reinserted the stopper screws. But I have plenty of wine corks so I am going to go back and used that hack.

GD could resolve this problem on my model and I know the 2600RB by adjusting the top track a little better during construction.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by philwa55 View Post
      Yes the trailer is level although I don’t believe that would make a difference with this type of door. I went with the simplest solution and attached a piece of 1 3/4 inch casing. The hardest part was matching the color, my wife did a great job with that. Everyone is happy now 😎
      Love the looks of this and plan to do this to our new 2970RL.
      Jason & Kim
      Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      2016 Ford F250

Comment

Originally posted by vogey75 View Post
        Welcome to the forum! You're the first "newbie" since the Welcome Letter was updated--I hope you'll take a moment and read it!

Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

If you have any feedback we'd love to read it. (If you'd like don't hesitate to private message a critique if you don't want to post if for all to see.)

Again, welcome!

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by vogey75 View Post

Take a look at my post #16 in this thread. I fixed our door gap by adjust sting the top track. Now ours has no gap and I didn't have to install anything extra.
          Mike & Lisa
          Central Florida
          2021 Imagine 2970RL
          1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

Take a look at my post #16 in this thread. I fixed our door gap by adjust sting the top track. Now ours has no gap and I didn't have to install anything extra.
            Will try this first. Great suggestions here.
            Jason & Kim
            Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            2016 Ford F250

Comment

You may also want to look for some dark colored 1/4 wide adhesive backed felt roll. You can put it right at the edge of the door casing facing the sliding door. This will help with closing the gap and protect the door from rattling and rubbing the casing as it is opened and closed.
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
              X