Behind the TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind the TV

2021 303RLS..Don't know if all years are the same, but....
    There seems to be a noticeable amount of space between the vertical panel the TV is mounted to and the exterior wall. But the apparent space is inaccessible.
    Before I remove the tv and remove/pry off the panel it was mounted to, is there any reason I shouldn't? As in, is it filled with something? I can't think of what would be there.
    I'm sure there must be other 303 owners (Cate & Rob come to mind) that have looked at this but was unable to find anything searching
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

There is lots of space behind there and also there may be lots of wiring, cable for tv and radio, but pretty much just empty space.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

On our 2022 Transcend 200MK there is lots of free space in there. I pulled the radio-so-called-media center out, as well as the control board for the electrical that is above it, to gain access.

I was looking for a good way to mount my Dish Wally. I finally decided to mount it vertically behind the TV, using velcro. I figured there wouldn't have been adequate ventilation inside that space. But it is good to know it is there, and note the various cables that connect in there.
      Ruth and Patrick
      2022 Transcend 200MK
      2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

Comment

On my 2022 337RLS I pulled the drawer out from under the tv and couldn't believe the space behind the tv and even more space behind the fireplace below. I decided this is an excellent built in safe for hiding valuables that I don't have.
        Tony
        2022 GD Reflection 337RLS
        2022 Ford F350 6.7 SRW LB

Comment

Would I be correct in assuming it is only held by staples? Maybe a screw or two but no glue? Trailer is sleeping for the winter and with the slides in I can't go look.
          2021 303RLS

Comment

I think you are right on. The problem with it is you might damage the panel when popping the staples, more than likely the staples will stay put and the panel will come off leaving holes where the staples were. And no I do not think that it is glued on, from all of the stuff I have had apart I think I only found one place where there was glue and it was the divider under the bed.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
              Would I be correct in assuming it is only held by staples? Maybe a screw or two but no glue? Trailer is sleeping for the winter and with the slides in I can't go look.
              Mine has a large drawer under the tv, the width of the tv opening. I removed that drawer by releasing the drawer slides. That allows me access to the rear of the fireplace below. Granted, I'm guessing the drawer height is about 8 inches so there are limits. It was enough space to get my fat head in there....
              Tony
              2022 GD Reflection 337RLS
              2022 Ford F350 6.7 SRW LB

Comment

I think you can pull the fireplace out and access the entire area behind the fireplace, drawer, and TV. From my years of cabinet building, the staples may or may not pull out with the panel. if they are stapled in from the back (don't remember which way the panel is installed) you could see some face damage on the panel. Be careful and use a flat bar to pry the panel in areas where you can tell its still fastened to minimize the possibility of damage.

Don't know what you would do with the space, or how you would access it, but to me an outside access panel would be much better with a place to store water hoses and the power cable.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                  Don't know what you would do with the space, or how you would access it, but to me an outside access panel would be much better with a place to store water hoses and the power cable.
                  Thinking of hinging the TV panel. I agree outside would be better, but I don't want to get into cutting into the exterior wall.
                  2021 303RLS

Comment

Working...
                  X