This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing rails/stiles on cabinets

Has anyone replaced the rails/stiles on their cabinets? Thanks!
    Val, Sheri, and our Desert Treasure Cattle Dog Mix TAZ
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    https://gdrvowners.com/core/images/s...tumbleweed.gifArizona.

Originally posted by Valandsheri View Post
    Has anyone replaced the rails/stiles on their cabinets? Thanks!
    Can you be more specific? Are you looking for a direct replacement (you have a broken door) or are you looking to upgrade for some reason? Which cabinets in your 303RLS? By "rail/stile" I"m assuming you mean the door itself.

Cate&Rob , Canyonlight and many other 303 owners I'm sure will see this so any additional information you can add will help them provide a meaningful response.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Good morning, we need to replace the area that the doors are screwed on too, kind of like a faceplate to the cabinet, but not the entire cabinet. I don't know why they are called the rails/stiles. In my previous post, which I don't know how to send to you, I explained that the vinyl wrapping on our rails/stiles are wrinkled. Waiting on GD for a fix for this...and wondered if anyone had tackled it themselves. It's every cabinet and trim piece. Thank you!
      Val, Sheri, and our Desert Treasure Cattle Dog Mix TAZ
      2015 Ram 3500 Dually
      2021 Reflection 303RLS
      https://gdrvowners.com/core/images/s...tumbleweed.gifArizona.

Comment

Good morning, we need to replace the area that the doors are screwed on too, kind of like a faceplate to the cabinet, but not the entire cabinet. I don't know why they are called the rails/stiles. In my previous post, which I don't know how to send to you, I explained that the vinyl wrapping on our rails/stiles are wrinkled. Waiting on GD for a fix for this...and wondered if anyone had tackled it themselves. It's every cabinet and trim piece. Thank you!
        OK--the previous thread on this topic is here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/interio...-wood-wrinkled I found it by clicking on your forum name, then in your User Profile I clicked the ABOUT tab. At the bottom of that tab is an option to Find all started topics as shown below

Click image for larger version  Name:	Profile.JPG Views:	0 Size:	53.8 KB ID:	73473
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

"Rails and Stiles" usually refers to the perimeter structure of a cabinet door. From your description, you are talking about the front face of what I would call the "box" of the cabinet. This face is integral to the structure of the cabinet and would be glued and/or nailed into place. Replacing these pieces would require removing and rebuilding/replacing the entire cabinet. We should probably take up this discussion on the previous thread linked in post #4 where there is more relevant information on progress so far with contacting Grand Design on this.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Based on Rob's suggestion in post 5, I'm closing this thread. Please post further in the other thread.

Howard

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
            X