2022 22MLE Bathroom Remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grider53 View Post
    The remodel looks terrific. Does it really help functionality of using the sink. In the original setup the mirror cabinet blocks one from getting their head over the sink unless you’re 4’ tall. Does this remodel fix that problem?
    It does improve functionality a lot and was the reason for doing it.
    Paul and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Looks absolutely beautiful! Great job! How did you cover the holes for the old faucet?
      Joe & Jenn
      2006 Silverado Z71 5.3 HO
      2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoyinthe5th View Post
        Looks absolutely beautiful! Great job! How did you cover the holes for the old faucet?
        I had some wood dowling that fit flush and then covered with a sheet of Gorilla Waterproof Patch and Seal (white). You can't really see any of it but it's Waterproof.
        Paul and Deb Cervone
        2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
        2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Paul & Deb View Post

I had some wood dowling that fit flush and then covered with a sheet of Gorilla Waterproof Patch and Seal (white). You can't really see any of it but it's Waterproof.
          Ok. Thanks. So I assumed you glued dowels in place and then covered with the tape?
          Joe & Jenn
          2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoyinthe5th View Post

Ok. Thanks. So I assumed you glued dowels in place and then covered with the tape?
            Yes, that's basically it.

Paul and Deb Cervone
            2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
            2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Perfect! Thank you and great job again!
              Joe & Jenn
              2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Comment

WOW! Looks great. Thank you for including the sink and faucet links. Can you also link to where you got the subway tile back splash? Thank you.

Paul & Deb
                Last edited by TucsonJim; 02-05-2024, 07:59 PM. Reason: Edit: added tag

Comment

@Paul & Deb ​ That looks awesome. We were considering doing something similar in our 2600RB, as you know. factory sink & faucet are not much use. Thanks for sharing...
                  Jim & Kathy
                  2022 Imagine 2600RB
                  2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
                  trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

Nice using the dowels.

Paul, did you use https://www.homedepot.com/p/Art3d-12...9B10/306634277 for the backsplash?

Paul & Deb
                    Last edited by TucsonJim; 02-08-2024, 11:48 AM. Reason: Added Tag
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                      Nice using the dowels.

Paul, did you use https://www.homedepot.com/p/Art3d-12...9B10/306634277 for the backsplash?

Paul & Deb
                      Yup, I'm pretty sure that was the stuff.
                      Paul and Deb Cervone
                      2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                      2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Hi Paul,
                        New the Forum as member but have read posts in the past, very informative stuff!
                        Upgrading our bath sink and bought the same one you used as we really liked your results. Got the freakishly small (that's how our group refers to them) stock sink out and trying to figure out the best way to mount the Monarch sink as it has no clips or attachment points.
                        Also, to get the apron of the sink to cover the abandoned faucet hole area, I am going to have to carve out the back of the existing counter cut-out in order to position the sink back far enough.
                        Where you have your faucet mounted is where our trailer has the plumbing vent and waterlines, seems knda crowded to try and add the faucet there. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Gormo9 View Post
                          Hi Paul,
                          New the Forum as member but have read posts in the past, very informative stuff!
                          Upgrading our bath sink and bought the same one you used as we really liked your results. Got the freakishly small (that's how our group refers to them) stock sink out and trying to figure out the best way to mount the Monarch sink as it has no clips or attachment points.
                          Also, to get the apron of the sink to cover the abandoned faucet hole area, I am going to have to carve out the back of the existing counter cut-out in order to position the sink back far enough.
                          Where you have your faucet mounted is where our trailer has the plumbing vent and waterlines, seems knda crowded to try and add the faucet there. Hmmm.
                          Hi Gormo9, I wish I could have given you an updated report on the bathroom because we just replaced that sink with a new much better (but heavier) porcelain round sink. The Monarch sink was a huge disappointment as it began chipping near the drain and rusting! At first, we tried porcelain paint for the chips, but it didn't work. Finally, we pulled it out and just this week I replaced it with the new sink.

As far as securing the sink, it is secured primarily with the silicone and the drain. Ours hasn't budged in a good 15,000 towed miles. The new one is even better because it has a wide seating surface that I applied full thickness silicone to before I set it on the counter, and it is solid.

Also, all the plumbing is in that corner, but it all fit very well.

Good luck and I think I'll go back to the original post and put a caution regarding that sink quality.
                          Paul and Deb Cervone
                          2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                          2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Working...
                          X