Removal of upper bunk of 278BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of upper bunk of 278BH

My mother travels with us a lot and she sometimes bumps her head on the upper bunk. Has anyone tried removing a portion or all of this upper bunk and how? My husband is pretty handy but we are worried about causing damage. Any pictures of what you've done with this space would be great also, if available.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Nspence View Post
    My mother travels with us a lot and she sometimes bumps her head on the upper bunk. Has anyone tried removing a portion or all of this upper bunk and how? My husband is pretty handy but we are worried about causing damage. Any pictures of what you've done with this space would be great also, if available.
    Our 28BH is the same bunkroom as yours. We removed ours and made a play area on the bottom and a small toddler bed on top for our then one year old. It came out without two much trouble and only left a few holes in the wall. Started on the outside taking off the trim piece and took it apart as I went. I might have had to remove some corner trim as I recall. I'm going to tag in my wife, I think she probably has some photos.

dsimmons
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Hey there! Yes, we modified the bunk room to suit our then-one-year-old. He's 4 now and still uses it. We've changed utility of the space a few times. It's been really flexible for us. Here's a pic of the first iteration; we've changed it several times if you have other questions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	a1ccae6f-56e7-4fe5-be64-906d79a0e293.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	91156

Comment

Working...
      X